Author Topic: Emotional vamp mechanics question  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Scapey

• Participant
    • View Profile
Emotional vamp mechanics question
« on: August 02, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
I could be totally blind or stupid, so correct me if I'm wrong, but from the mechanics in the book it looks like feeding gives no benefit other than to make it easier to feed, unless you feed to death. This qould indicate that other than "off screen" feeding from a hunger failure, feeding without killing is useless. Am I missilng something or does feeding (normal touch, incite emotion, feed really result in ... not actually feeding?

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional vamp mechanics question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:10:53 PM »
No. If you suffer hunger failure, there is a very high chance that you feed on-screen. After all, there is nothing that says you have to feed on humans; you can feed on your own supernatural allies, even other White Court vampires.

So feeding is what prevents you from going to a killing spree every time you use your powers. Not so useless.

Offline Scapey

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:18:58 PM »
Except that, unless i missed something in the mechanics, feeding (except to death) doesn' effect your hunger track.  (Ys189-190)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 03:10:25 AM »
No, Emotional Vampire doesn't actually empty your Hunger stress track, that requires more energy than is available in combat unless you kill somebody.