Author Topic: DFRPG template/powers question  (Read 1212 times)

Offline daddystabz

• Participant
    • View Profile
DFRPG template/powers question
« on: July 27, 2010, 04:51:00 AM »
I had a quick question....when I created my character I had looked at other supernatural powers outside the musts of the Red Court Infected template such as claws but did not think I could spend the Refresh to add any of them because it was not listed as one of the Options on the Red Court Infected template. So the only things you can add powers-wise in addition to your template are the things listed under Options? Is that correct?

Tbora

Re: DFRPG template/powers question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 04:56:38 AM »
Sort of, you can basically take other powers if its supported by plot (character history), IE if you have a red court infected and he was a minor talent before he was changed, he might have channeling/ritual.

Offline daddystabz

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 05:25:50 AM »
How likely/believable would it be for a Red Court Infected to have claws?

Tbora

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:28:49 AM »
Not too likely in my opinion, although perhaps your character has a way to justify it sure .

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »
How likely/believable would it be for a Red Court Infected to have claws?

As Tbora has said you'd probably need a good reason to justify it. But the full on Red Court Vampires have both fangs and claws and the Claws power, though usually that's when they are in their exposed bat-like form. Of course I would think nothing of having a Red Court vampire pop some claws through their Flesh Masked hands to attack the players. So I could see a Red Court Infected trying to do the same thing, but at the same time it's also another step down the dark path to full Red Court Vampiredom. And since it will cost them some of their precious humanity ie refresh to have the power, I don't see much of a problem with it mechanically. If you're really worried have them tie their Claws power to their Feeding Dependency to really balance it out.