The Dresden Files > DF Books

Did you discover the books because of the TV Show?

<< < (140/140)

KipIngram:
I have to agree, AcornAmy; having this forum here helps "fill the void" while we wait. 

It's been a while since I posted this, so I'll say it again right quick - I watched the TV show, it ended, and I moved on.  Years later I was searching for a book to read, on Barnes & Noble (I had a Nook at that time).  I happed to do some search that led to the Dresden Files books.  I was like, "Oh, there are books?"  I didn't think the TV show was anything particularly amazing, but it was "ok," and I thought based on it the books deserved a chance.

MAN, am I glad I made that choice.  The books have become without a doubt my favorites that I've ever read.  :-)

Xtofur:
I didn't realize there was a tv show till a few years ago. In any case, I was browsing the library one day and ran across Jim's Codex Alera series. I read one and loved it so I looked to see what else he had written and found the Dresden Files. Besides The Lord of the Rings its become my favorite book series. Hard to believe its been ten years since I discovered them, but I'm so glad I did. 

grumblebear:
I found the books first, I had been reading the “Spenser, for hire” novels, I had really enjoyed those books, but hated that tv series,
     This long break between recent books has been tough, i’ve found some great authors on Amazonwith very oddstories, is; “Hank Mossberg, Ogre/detective....

BountyHunter:
Watched the show only after I started on the books.

I liked it. Took a lot of liberties with the source material, but was a really good show regardless.  A shame it only got the one season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version