Author Topic: Vote Denarian 2010  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Sh33p

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Denarian 2010
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »
Fun Fact: The Devil can quote scripture to suit his needs.

Funner Fact: Evangelical Christianity and pretty much any 'right wing' group is generally apocalyptic. I'm saying this as a Bible Belt native.

Funnest Fact of All: Technically speaking, the Antichrist will have no opposition en route to power.

Logical conclusion: Any 'right wing' Christians who are in the know and still support this guy are knowingly trying to speed along the Apocalypse. This kind of attitude/etc is not unheard of. Look at the crap Israel and the US/Canada had to put up with near the end of the 90's.

As a political science major, I completely approve of the Denarian Senator concept at every freaking level possible. Carry on. ;D

EDIT: And another thing? Devil You Know vs. Devils You Don't. The Church and its affiliates have demonstrated a measure of hostility towards the supernatural (see Warrior, among others). It could always be that the Denarian in question manages to fool them into thinking they have ownership of it or something, allowing it to come into power as a means of undermining the abominations rest of the supernatural community.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:16:02 PM by Sh33p »

Offline Bruce Coulson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 06:59:49 PM »
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that angle, but you're right; some Christians might knowingly support a Denarian, hoping to accelerate the Apocalypse (which the Right Side, of course, MUST win...)  James Blish's Black Easter points out the folly of that line of thinking, but that requires reading...

And it would be child's play for a even a midlling level manipulator to get unaware Christians on a Denarian's side by promising to 'go after' the supernatural menaces in their community.  Perhaps even doing so before-hand, as a gesture of good faith.  (Another way to get the PCs involved; having them assist the White Court against the Denarian's 'special operatives'.
You're the spirit of a nation, all right.  But it's NOT America.

Offline nimrod_funk

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • www.slashdot.org
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 09:12:59 PM »
I have to agree that's pretty clever! Kind of like the Constatine thing (movie not comic) where the angel colludes with satan to bring about the end of the world so the true believers will be saved and brought fourth.

Very clever! 2.0 points! (of course points are meaningless but what the hay)

Definately like the angle. Kind of like if David Koresh hadn't died in Waco and wanted to set about bring the end of the world and met this really charismatic person who had money, power, and nice suits and offered a large sum of money to help the cause. Imagine waco with enough fissionable material for critical mass or biologicals. That scares the willies out of me I don't know about you.

The hard core bible thumpers are an interesting crew of folks. Some of they're logic illudes me, especially when they're protesting the funerals of fallen soliders by saying they deserved it because 911 was God punishing us. (At least that's my understanding I really try not to understand those folks.)

Coffee is Jazz for the the soul.

Offline nimrod_funk

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • www.slashdot.org
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:16:08 PM »
One other point check out Orson Scott Cards "Empire" is a good example of a political fiction around the split of sorts similar to what changed Rome from a Republic to an Empire.

I wonder how many Kings would have turned when they're kindom was being sacked by barbarians or neighboring kindoms?
Coffee is Jazz for the the soul.

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »
I like this idea.

Just wanted to point out that there are at least 10 Denarians that have never been seen on screen.  Officially, they have been secured by the church, but who's to say one of them wasn't more of a spook type (i.e. the counterpart to Uriel).   Call him Kal-El   ;D
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Bruce Coulson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 08:15:25 PM »
(i.e. the counterpart to Uriel).   Call him Kal-El   ;D

Isn't that the alien Jesus?  :)

Depending on the scale, a denarian wouldn't even have to be 'on-screen'; just an unseen 'campaign supporter' who takes care of the big picture.  Denarians aren't the ONLY ones to make deals with the Lowerarchy...

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 08:28:44 PM »
I was talking about the assertion that "only Nic or Lasciel" would take the time to lay this kind of long term plan.  There are other Denarians we have not met (yet).
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Bruce Coulson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »
There are Denarians about which it has been stated they wouldn't take the time for such a plan.  There are a lot of Denarians about which we know nothing, not even a name.  I was just bringing up, for scaling, that a Denarian could have aided with the plot and left to let things run on their own.  That way, a feet in the water group can take on something more their own size.