Author Topic: Question about Red Court Infected  (Read 971 times)

Offline daddystabz

• Participant
    • View Profile
Question about Red Court Infected
« on: July 29, 2010, 12:12:00 AM »
In the DFRPG it states that a Red Court Vampire or Infected must check after every conflict in which any of their powers were used against their Hunger track.  One of the Inhuman Speed power's features is a static + 4 to initiative.  This is a static bonus and doesn't make it look like you would have to check against Hunger just for getting your STATIC bonus.  You aren't really turning the power on to get this bonus but it is inherent from the power.  Thus my question is: Do you have to do a Discipline check against Hunger just for getting your static + 4 initiative bonus from Inhuman Speed? If so, this game really makes it VERY cumbersome to play a vampire.  I know they are trying to mimic the source material and simulate blood lust but this would tend to get tedious quite quickly for me. 

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Red Court Infected
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 12:39:07 AM »
Yes, you absolutely do need to make the check if you use the Initiative bonus. However, all bonuses are optional, you can choose not to use them if you like, ignoring your initiative bonus to avoid Hunger Stress is a valid option.

Also, if all you use is your Speed that's a 2 shift attack against what should be a Discipline of 3 or more for most PCs...it's hardly the end of the world.