Author Topic: Zone Wide Aspects and Tagging  (Read 3384 times)

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Zone Wide Aspects and Tagging
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
If the intent is to create a temporary aspect that can be tagged more than once (remember that normally you’d only get the benefit of the
tag once and have to invoke after that), simply chain two or more maneuvers together in the same spell, each inflicting the same aspect or a similar variant. In other words, if you want to take advantage of two tags against a target of Good Conviction, you’ll need to set up two maneuvers, for a minimum complexity of 6 (3 for each, as per above). As wizards are usually low on fate points, this option allows you a little more mileage without having to worry about impacting your fate point budget.

This is quoted from YS265, it's in the manoeuvre section for thaumaturgy but I don't see why it doesn't apply to evocation, in the same way this is referring to an aspect with two free tags on one target but if you split the cost like you would an attack spell it'll still work, it's just harder to get the aspect to stick.

Offline Ophidimancer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »
Ahh, thank you!  See that's why the forums are so useful, I don't know how I completely missed that.

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 07:13:45 PM »
Hah not a problem, I knew I'd read it before and it still took 5 minutes of searching to find it :)

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 08:07:11 PM »
There are two ways to handle it, one is a maneuver as a spray attack, that targets each character in a zone, that would allow you a tag on each aspect placed, the other is a zone wide aspect which gives only one tag (only one aspect is applied).