Author Topic: Victor Sell's Scorpion  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Victor Sell's Scorpion
« on: July 14, 2010, 01:30:21 AM »
just re-reading the series, and i was wondering how you would stat the spell that powers the constantly growing scorpions that Victor Sell uses (mainly looking at king-of-DFRPG-rules-and-conversions, deadmanwalking.) Just the constantly increase in stats as it grows has me baffled on shift-effect-etc...

thank yas :D

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Victor Sell's Scorpion
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:35:12 AM »
The scorpians are statted out on YS33. However, if you don't like how the designers modeled them there, you could do something similar to how the Shen Demons are statted out on YS37.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 01:45:47 AM »
The spell would be textbook Summoning and Binding, with a Complexity of 5 to summon it, and then somewhere between 7 and 27 to Bind it, depending on how many Consequences it was willing to take (likely somewhere towards the bottom there, honestly).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:50:17 AM by Deadmanwalking »

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 01:46:21 AM »
The scorpians are statted out on YS33. However, if you don't like how the designers modeled them there, you could do something similar to how the Shen Demons are statted out on YS37.
I think Saedar meant to do "OW33" and "OW37" ("Our World") instead of "YS."
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 01:47:08 AM »
Whoops. Nope, I misread. I thought he was asking for creature stats, not spell stats. My bad... *hangs head*