Author Topic: Glamour Magic  (Read 3666 times)

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
Re: Glamour Magic
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 11:22:38 PM »
yes, that. 
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 01:10:29 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty cool. Nobody said it wasn't. It's just not nearly as cool as Channeling (Spirit) which costs the same in Refresh, hence it's lower cost to use.

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »
Small things? Like make a 12 foot tall ogre wearing only a loin cloth appear as a large human in an old suit and hat? Who was, when so glamoured, able to fit through doors that he couldn't at full size without cracking the frame?

Personally, I wouldn't let glamours do that.  Glamours changes the appearance of things, not the thing itself; if you've got Hulking Size, glamours won't help.
On the other hand, Human Guise *would* do exactly what you describe, and is explicitly a -0 power.

Offline Falar

• Conversationalist
  • A veritable treasure trove
    • View Profile
    • Falar + Sha
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 09:25:25 PM »
Not to mention that that ogre was a Sidhe and most probably had Seelie Magic in addition to the glamours.

EDIT: Also not to mention that appearing as the ogre was one of the main parts of the glamour.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:45:17 PM by Falar »
Lead Creator of Terror in the Twin Cities - winner of the 2010 Borden DFRPG Award for Best Location

Offline Da_Gut

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 12:33:23 AM »
Ah, I rereading that book for the first in quite a while, so I've forgotten that.

Offline Falar

• Conversationalist
  • A veritable treasure trove
    • View Profile
    • Falar + Sha
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 12:40:19 AM »
Every time I remember that book, I have to jog my memory and remind myself that the ogre was never really an ogre in the first place. My wife only remembered it 'cause she had JUST read the book the other day.
Lead Creator of Terror in the Twin Cities - winner of the 2010 Borden DFRPG Award for Best Location