Author Topic: How much of a spoiler are the RPG books.  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Crackerjack

• Lurker
    • View Profile
How much of a spoiler are the RPG books.
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »
Hi all,

I am going to pick up the RPG books, as I hope to talk my game group into giving it a shot.  I am only about half way through the novels, however.  So i was wondering if the RPG books spoil the plot of the novels?  If so, I guess I had better step up my reading of the novels!

Thanks All!

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: How much of a spoiler are the RPG books.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »
Spoilers do, indeed, abound. The RPGs don't give away all the details but you will find out about characters and what happens to them.

Offline Crackerjack

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 05:57:49 PM »
thanks for the info, Saeder.  appreciate it greatly!

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »
Your Story is mostly not that bad if you've finished Blood Rites. There are a Spoiler or two, but not too many, and most aren't that bad. If you're only post-Grave Peril they're a bit worse, but not completely awful.

Our World might as well be titled SPOILERS for purposes of all of the first ten Dresden Files books, and should likely be avoided till you've finished Small Favor. Really. Opening it and not even reading the text beyond a name gave one of my players a major Spoiler for Proven Guilty.

Offline Remy Sinclair

• Participant
  • I am the calm then I am the storm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:22:19 PM »
Hi all,

I am going to pick up the RPG books, as I hope to talk my game group into giving it a shot.  I am only about half way through the novels, however.  So i was wondering if the RPG books spoil the plot of the novels?  If so, I guess I had better step up my reading of the novels!

Thanks All!

All the Information is up to Small Favor. The last two Dresden Novels: Turn Coat and Changes their information are not in these books hence the Spoiler section at the top. If your players are not familiar with the books and are reading them now then yes there are Spoilers.