Author Topic: General Short Story Writing Contest  (Read 1389 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
General Short Story Writing Contest
« on: July 08, 2010, 03:08:32 PM »
i don't usually push contests or the sites that promote them, especially if there is an entry fee.  This one is the exception.

Special contest worth your time and effort.  http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi  Francis Ford Coppola started it up; what's left to say? Do it!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Re: General Short Story Writing Contest
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
what's left to say?

"I wish I could write short stories", perhaps ?
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »
I don't have any clue if it's changed or not, and don't know if it included contests, but at one point, about 10 years ago, the Zoetrope policy was something along the lines of if they published something, then they owned the rights if they decided to adapt it for tv or movie. 
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline Apocrypha

• Conversationalist
  • As seen on tv
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 06:50:22 PM »
I don't have any clue if it's changed or not, and don't know if it included contests, but at one point, about 10 years ago, the Zoetrope policy was something along the lines of if they published something, then they owned the rights if they decided to adapt it for tv or movie. 

I'm a member of the site, even though I haven't been there since at least last year, and I believe that is still their policy.
I am not a narcissist. I humbly accept the fact that I'm extremely good looking, smart, and better than you.

City Of Heroes:  @Heathen Cross