Author Topic: Since the Policy changes have you felt like a leper?  (Read 6272 times)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Since the Policy changes have you felt like a leper?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 01:37:22 AM »
I miss the fun, the wackiness, and the way a thread could wander through twelve distinctly different subjects before it lost steam.

That just means we have to rally and be wackier than ever.  This calls for a forum-wide "Wacky Back" campaign.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 03:40:00 AM »

You can't know the history behind gentle teasing and won't know why that's okay when yours might not be.

So true, Laura! There's so much *communication* missing in a two dimensional written post!
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Persephone

• Posty McPostington
  • Random, uncensored, bizarre, but worth it!
    • View Profile
    • My Official Photography Site
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 06:28:36 AM »
I do appreciate that there's less spite, and people are behaving better. I also like that old posters are visiting.

I guess it'll take me a while to get over the culture shock. I wasn't even able to log on when the changes first got posted, so for me it's a little bit like I left home, and the place burned down... They were able to save the best parts, but everything that wasn't a priority got lost in the blaze.
I'm the sort of person who keeps everything, so it's hard to adjust to NOT having everything where I can find it. Like I said, I don't figure things will change just to suit me, but I'll get adjusted at some point.

I want to see y'all. Especially most of my friends who've already commented here. But I just don't know when I'll have time to be on frequently and I hate... missing out... on all these threads that get deleted.
Life for me has been really stressful and tense. Hope I can get through all this personal stuff and come back in a better frame of mind to enjoy the board.
Persephone aka The Liz
Queen of Hellfire  ~"Long May She Reign"~
twitter @theliz13
Science Fiction Writer
My Little Pony Addict.
"The devils NOT in the details, he's named in my divorce"

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 10:37:40 AM »
Nah, don't think of it like the place got burned down. Think of it as a giant Lego fort. The baby came along, tore it apart as only babies can do (i.e., faster than thought), shoved some pieces into its diaper and wandered on. It's rebuilt minus the diaper-tainted pieces. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Chiana

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »
*glomps Seph*

Ewww, legos in diapers.
~Mistress of Invisibility~  Loyal MinionTM of our Pharaoh.  Divine Ruler of Egypt.

Rest well Md.  You are dearly missed.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »
Nah, don't think of it like the place got burned down. Think of it as a giant Lego fort. The baby came along, tore it apart as only babies can do (i.e., faster than thought), shoved some pieces into its diaper and wandered on. It's rebuilt minus the diaper-tainted pieces. :D

you definitely have an astounding plethora of analogies about what happened to the site, Shecky!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »
you definitely have an astounding plethora of analogies about what happened to the site, Shecky!

Did the job though, didn't it?;D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 02:58:09 PM »
They all do! That's what amuses me so about them!

Offline Fox

• Posty McPostington
  • RIP Fox Sticking-Tongue out Profile Pic- 2007-2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »

Truly, I am in awe.  You're on my unofficial list of forum superheroes.
Pew pew PEW!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 07:21:19 PM »

Truly, I am in awe.  You're on my unofficial list of forum superheroes.

What? There had to be SOMETHING out there to explain the EWWWWW factor of the parts that were getting left out. :)

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 03:27:37 AM »
Though now I understand why some loved and miss the old Angst corner so.  I'd love to spew and rant about something right now, but in my current state... It wouldn't be kosher.  I don't think I could tone it down, either.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 04:09:09 AM »
That's why I set up the F-it thread way back when. Sometimes a person just needs to spew and get it outside of their head to move on!