Author Topic: Empowering a Circle  (Read 1356 times)

Offline revxopher

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Empowering a Circle
« on: July 05, 2010, 02:44:58 AM »
So I can't seem to find the rules on a good old fashioned circle, like to keep out a mind fog. Little help?

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Empowering a Circle
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 03:07:25 AM »
i'd look at it as a simple lore declaration/manuever (it's simple but i lean toward manuever). Simply role lore to place the aspect circle around you (difficulty 1) and tag for effect. at least thats how i'd rule it. there are definately other ways.
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline Nyarlathotep5150

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 03:46:26 AM »
   I'd just do it as a thaumaturgical block effect with extended duration (YS pg230 says that any mystical effect that blocks supernatural powers can be a threshold), or a ward YS Pg. 276

Offline evilnerf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 03:53:38 AM »
I'd equate it with the a Thaumaturgy ward set up on the fly with a power equal to or less then the character's Lore.  By default, Wards last until next sunrise so Duration isn't really an issue.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 05:29:22 AM »
There's also the specific mention (for mortals, mostly) of counting them as Thresholds, or the possibility of just having the circle act as an absolute block vs. magic...but not helping at all against physical stuff, including free-willed supernaturals.