Author Topic: Accountability, author's timecard, word count written, feeling lonely out there?  (Read 43725 times)

Offline Razzazzika

• Lurker
    • View Profile
man, i see some of you doing an average of 5k words per day. I was quite happy that I did 10k in 2 weeks haha. Too many things do I suppose, novel writing not on the top, I'm just now starting to find time to scribble them down. Plenty of whole book ideas lodged in my brain tho.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
man, i see some of you doing an average of 5k words per day.

Oh, that;s not a per day average for me at all, except between dayjobs when I am deathmarching myself silly; 5kwords is a good week for me, I just structure my writing around doing it all in one or two lumps.

Too many things do I suppose, novel writing not on the top,

makes it harder to succeed at it if you don't put it there...
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
just under 3kwords on chapter 4, for a running total of 13,820 words; that should make a nice 15 kwords when I fix chapter 1, so the books is roughly on title for 80-90kwords.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
One story submitted for review (4.5K), and started NaNo...

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
1850 words today. Not a bad way to start NaNo.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
Did not fix chapter 1, realised instead that I needed to take a bit from chapter 2 and a goodly chunk from chapter 3 and make an all new chapter between existing chapters 2 and 3 and have done so.  Lo! it is Philosophical and Ranty and will I hope bring into somewhat clearer focus which bits of this character are meant to be likable and which not.  (It's a real pain when you write a first-person narrator with certain character flaws who uses charm to get around some of them in some cases and she charms readers into thinking they're not meant to be flaws at all, or that you the author don't think they are flaws and are yourself somewhat less wonderful a person than is in fact the case.)

Also wrote a snippet of the beginning of the next chapter, which is now 6, because on rereading 5 someone had to realise that was suspiciously easy really straight the heck away.  Running total just over 16kwords. Go me.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Sticking my head in. I've been mega-busy...  see my thread if you're interested in reading my YA manuscript...  chewing my nails.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
Still slogging through NaNo...

Bright spot, we both received our SFWA active memberships last week, it took six sales as we write as co writers (Grin))

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
Finished my rough draft read through on Thursday night.  Tried to get into rewrites then, but it was just not coming out right.  Set it aside and started yesterday, and seems to be moving a bit better now.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
Such writing time as I have had the past fortnight has been amputating bits that do not work. Rather many of them.

I am now moving forward again, but I am still 500 words short of the last time I posted.  There was a bit in there when I thought the whole damned thing was going to collapse into a haiku.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
3700 words tonight.  It's that part of the plot where after finding out about the problem and travelling to the problem and strarting their inquiries, my protags have finally had a clash with some antags.  That was fun.

4395 words in this chapter: 19,204 in the book as a whole to date.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
Only 1500 more words last night because I got distracted into rereading the previous volume in its entirety.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
1500 more words and a through pass on what I have of #2.

is anyone else even reading this thread any more ?

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
Yes, but I've been too incredibly lazy to post in it.

13,000 words in to my new project. I'm liking the direction its taking, but am really looking forward to writing its sequel.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
2800 more words, we have broken 30k on this project.  Which means that even though it has felt grindingly slow to apply my new work style, I am still averaging 10k a month, and should finish this by June of next year, and have plenty of space to think of it as one novel per year.