Author Topic: The Hulk DFRPG conversion  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The Hulk DFRPG conversion
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
Here's my conversion of The Hulk for DFRPG. It is the earlier Hulk before the usual comics power creep raised him at godly levels but he is still very much a force to be reckoned with. He's Refresh 34. Most mortal attackers will have to contend with defense of +11 (+10 for might-modified endurance) before even counting Mythic Toughness/Recovery, attacks at +11 at weapon 15 (!) that can flatten a tank in one blow and an effective Might score of +23 (!!!) for lifting and breaking stuff. He could use tanks for thrown weapons and peel off vault doors like we do sticky paper.

POWERS
[+2] Rage; this is human form, involuntary change, for all powers labeled "only when raging". The Hulk enters a rage when he fails to control his anger (see below)
[-1] Demonic Co-Pilot; spirit of rage. On physical combat rolls plus anything that would make the Hulk angry. Discipline Failure triggers Rage.
[-6] Inhuman Strength - Mythic Strength when "raging".
[-6] Inhuman Toughness - Mythic Toughness when "raging".
[-6] Mythic Recovery
[-4] Inhuman Speed - Supernatural Speed when "raging".
[-2] Hulking Size - when raging.
[+3] The Chatch is "Spirit Attacks", (spirit magic or spiritual entities)
[-3] Mighty Blows; The Hulk can attack/maneuer people in melee at Fists +2, weapon 4, modified for his might. Only when "raging." (Ripoff off Incite Emotion but for physical attacks)
[-2] Unstoppable; The Hulk uses his modified Might for defense instead of Athletics.
[-2] Bulletproof Skin; armor increases by 2 vs physical stress.
[-2] Mindless Rage; while raging The Hulk uses its modified might score as defense vs mental attacks and takes no mental stress from Demonic Co-Pilot. Unfortunately, it has trouble recognizing friend from foe and will attack everything in its path; roll discipline vs a difficulty of Epic to avoid involuntary property damage in a scene, vs difficulty of Great to avoid harming innocents.
[-1] Lethal Weapon
[-1] Bend and Break
[-1] Mighty Thews
[-1] Wrestler
[-1] Dual Blows

SKILLS

+6 Might, Endurance
+5 Intimidate, Fists, Scholarship
+4 Conviction, Athletics, Lore (superscience)
+3 Discipline, Survival, Steath
+2 Rapport, Presence, Empathy
+1 Contacts, Resources, Driving
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:19:06 PM by Belial666 »

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Hulk DFRPG conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:23:26 AM »
I think you have skipped one of the basic aspects of this character type: Beast Change. The Hulk has Fantastic Might, Bruce Banner not so much.

Other than that, that looks fairly good.

FutureGameDesigner

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
I don't see why he has powers of any kind when not enraged.  He was Joe Schmuck when he wasn't in Hulk mode.  When not raging, he was as frail and helpless as any of us.

Aside from that, most of it is pretty correct, though I'd say Inhuman Speed for raging rather than Superhuman Speed.  At Inhuman, you can keep up with traffic on foot essentially, which is about what he can do.  Close enough that Superhuman strikes me as too much, anyway.

Aside from that, good start.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
He seems to occasionally be able to use a tiny portion of the strength without shifting fully and then manage to rein in the change before it gets out of hand. As for the toughness, he has been heavily wounded -maybe lethally in some situations- but has survived long enough to shift.

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:15:59 PM »
Awesome, and thank you again.

For game play I think it would be beneficial to have a "Timer" built in somehow that stops the demon from being able to rage. Maybe a mayhem shift then when something bad is done by the spirit, the host has a better chance to restrain him.
//Sings
"If you've been messaged to ignore me clap your hands!"
:)

knnn said "All must now bow in presence of your Dresden-Fu."

FutureGameDesigner

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:31:18 AM »
He seems to occasionally be able to use a tiny portion of the strength without shifting fully and then manage to rein in the change before it gets out of hand. As for the toughness, he has been heavily wounded -maybe lethally in some situations- but has survived long enough to shift.
It's been too long since I've seen the old TV show, and I've never been a reader of comics...so I can't say much about that.

In such cases though, keeping his skills wimpy and scientist like but giving him stunts like Mighty Thews would explain his "channeling" the monster for strength or toughness without changing.

If I get the chance, I'll post a character listing of what I mean sometime.

Offline JustinS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 03:43:20 AM »
Well, I expect both Banner and Hulk can both invoke "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"