Author Topic: So... a change in the shipping date for the DFRPG books.  (Read 40459 times)

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
Re: So... a change in the shipping date for the DFRPG books.
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
#338 and no evil hat love yet.  I'm shooting for today or tomorrow since I won't be home.

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »
Order #797, purchased 7 April, being sent to Worcester MA.
Hoping to get it before the holiday weekend, though I won't really be able to read it until mid-July while on vacation (and that my wife is making me finish Breaking Dawn before vacation...).
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline Remy Sinclair

• Participant
  • I am the calm then I am the storm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2010, 04:06:49 PM »
Yeah, I'd bet that significantly more goes into it than what number you are. Shipping distances and difficulties, for example.

Well they ship from Nevada and I live in NM, I am not that far from them. I did send an e-mail asking about my shipment, it no longer says processing. I sent an email and I got a response from Fred Hicks.

Quote from: Fred Hicks
Data entry on 1600 preorders is slow, made slower by me being off at Origins all week.  I'll start working on the prodigious load this
week.

Seems to me Origins might be slowing this down a little.

Offline BigMrE

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2010, 10:19:39 PM »
I think the books are a myth!  PHD didn't deliver them to my FLGS again this week, so it's at least ANOTHER week to wait...grrr.... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline neko128

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »
As much as I find it fun to complain, I'm not worried about it.  :)  I have the PDFs, and while I'm greatly anticipating the books, Evil Hat's gone out of its way to cater to the customers already.  Not having the physical books just means something to look forwards to when I leave work!

Keep up the good work, Fred & Co.

Offline austinmonster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
Oh, any complaints here are not a matter of complaints to Fred and the gang, just, more to fact, the entire process of waiting for something in the mail.

1) You find out that something you really want is coming some day really soon.
2) each day, you know there is a chance that your package will arrive
3) each day that passes, you know the chance of your package being there will be even higher!
4) the expectation and excitement grow in proportion to the imagined chance of the package being there.
5) The disappointment of arriving home and not having one's package waiting for you there is directly in proportion to the imagined chance that it should be there.

It's the same whenever anything great is in the mail.  It's only a little harder when that uncertainty is all the greater.

Offline Esoteric Wombat

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »
Check your evil hat account. Fred it putting up UPS tracking codes. Honestly though, it doesn't help at all. I've digressed from waking up in the morning idly wondering if the books will come, to refreshing the tracking page every 10 minutes just in cast they magically teleported to my doorstep.  ::)

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2010, 04:34:12 PM »
Okay... so now I have a tracking number... and it says delivery date rescheduled to 7 July... cutting it very close to my vacation departure date.
And it's a good thing it's UPS rather than USPS, as I usually put a hold on the mail two days before leaving...
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." -- Douglas Adams

Offline Esoteric Wombat

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »
Better than nothin...

Offline Remy Sinclair

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »
UPS is one of the worst delivery companies on the planet.  :-[

I will be lucky to get the books on time and no headaches. Wait. I already am having one. UPS is delivering this. They cannot find my place even though it is clearly marked.

They are suppose to drop this off at the local Post Office, because we are a Rural Location and UPS, FEDEX and all the other companies have been doing this for 30 years. I live in a Ranch community on the Navajo Reservation in NM and we do not have mail boxes we are so spread out we have Post Office Boxes instead.

My local Post Master for the past few years has been having to remind UPS to drop the packages off at the Post Office, which they say they do not do but they do. This is as he says their new manager is an idiot and gets upset with this drivers when they do that even though they are contracted to do so.

Sadly when I lived in Kingman, AZ they could not find my house which was across the street from Kingman Middle School, where they went everyday to drop off or pick up packages.

When I lived in Aurora they could not find my house ever. Clearly marked and easy to find all my locations. UPS just sucks.

Offline austinmonster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2010, 05:25:43 PM »
Yup.  Mine updated, saying it was due to be delivered on next Tuesday.  Knowing is better than nothing I suppose.  At least my hopes won't be up when I get home this way.

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2010, 05:40:25 PM »
Hey, sometimes you never know. The one thing that throws a shoe in the works is the Holiday weekend... some folks will have Monday off as the holiday falls on a Sunday.

Offline pfloyd

• Participant
  • Team Dresden
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »
UPS is one of the worst delivery companies on the planet.  :-[

I would say FedEx is.
I had a replacement mobile phone sent to my parents' house, as I live in a 3-decker in a semi-urban area. The street my parents live on runs into another street nearly directly at a crossroads, so the street changes names and numbering.
FedEx sent it to the right house number, but on that wrong street... and wouldn't make any effort to go and get it back unless three days passed or something like that. I had to go and retrieve it from the doorstep myself, risking having the cops called on me. (Fortunately, no one cared.)

UPS I can deal with, because they will hold a package for me to go and retrieve in the evenings if need be. Very few problems with them.

Offline Remy Sinclair

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
You are a rarity, I only mentioned 3 issues. I have plenty of them. They are horrid. Horrid Horrid POS company.