Author Topic: Starting a Game in Seattle Area  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Tallyrand

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Starting a Game in Seattle Area
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »
Ok, so I know there are at least two Seattle area residents on this board who might be looking for a game.  As it happens I'm only doing one game a week right now so would be very willing to pick up a second.  I, like I'm sure most, prefer to play but am willing to run and would suggest that we can rotate the responsibility.  If you're interested PM me or respond here and we figure this out.

Tallyrand aka Derek

Offline JustinS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a Game in Seattle Area
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:37:53 AM »
I suspect I'm one of those two, and I'm also up for someone else to run, or to trade off a story at a time...

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:42:33 PM »
I might be the other one.  I would be willing to run a game but I have never played Fate much less run it.  I think I need to get a few games under my belt before I would be comfortable giving it a try.
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Eleri

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »
We've got two going in Seattle right now, one north end, one Rentonish. Drop me your contact info and I can pint the GM at you. (WHY he isn't on the forum, I dunno.)

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »
I just moved to Redmond/Bellevue/Kirkland just recently. I live stupidly close to a Friendly Local Neighborhood gaming store and have been meaning to put up an ad there too.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline BladeLakem

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 06:49:33 AM »
Okay okay Eleri, I'm here I'm here.

Yeah, I'm running two Dresden games in the Seattle area. Got a good number of players in each, however. Might be convinced to start another, though running three games might be insane..

Offline Dreamofpeace

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 11:56:45 PM »
I'm also looking for a game in the Seattle area.  I'm willing to run, or be part of a rotating GMs-thing :-) Best Wishes, Manu 

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »
Well it looks like we have enough people to form a group.  As I have said before I could likely get involved in running a game but I want to play a few games using FATE first.  I have played RPGs since the stone age but FATE is a little new to me.

It has been suggested that we play at Dragon's Lair Games in Bellevue which is fine with me.  I prefer to play in less public places overall but it is always good to promote gaming in public.  Please PM me and we can see what can be worked out.  I have been jonesing to play in a new game since my last group fell apart last year due to life issues (marriage, children, layoffs, moving out of town etc.).

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Loki5654

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 11:21:40 PM »
Hi Folks,

I'm a Seattle-ite who has recently discovered the Dresden books and as a semi-experienced RPGer I am curious about the new DFRPG.

Is there any possibility that I'd be able to observe a gaming session? I'm certainly not pushy enough to say "Can I play? Can I play? Huh? Huh? Can I?" but I'd definitely like to see how the game is played given that I'm unfamiliar with the FATE system and have only read the books up to White Knight.

Feel free to reply to me here, PM me or just plain ignore me (whichever suits your fancy).

Thanks!

Steven

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 11:12:57 PM »
PM sent.

Offline Loki5654

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 11:37:40 PM »
And responded! Thanks!

Offline Seattlegamer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 04:06:24 AM »
Did you all ever get a game together?  I have never RP'd before but am digging the series and may be interested in giving it a try.  Let me know what you all have going on...  When/where etc, and if I can drop in and see if it is for me (assuming you are looking for additional members and a rookie)

Offline HappyDaze

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 06:35:51 AM »
I'm down in Tacoma myself (near JBLM), so if anyone knows of a game on the southern end of Seattle - or wants to put one together, please throw me a message.

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »
Did you all ever get a game together?  I have never RP'd before but am digging the series and may be interested in giving it a try.  Let me know what you all have going on...  When/where etc, and if I can drop in and see if it is for me (assuming you are looking for additional members and a rookie)

Yes we did get together. I am running with 5 players(The edge of my ability to run) so we have no room for new players unfortunately, but things have been going well so far, all things considered.

Our group runs in Supernatural Seattle and consists of:

A Warden Out-of-Retirement with everyone's favorite aspect, Get Off My Lawn

A Dotcom Billionaire who thinks Money is Like a Superpower

A Were-Jaguar Eco-Activist with Cassandra's Tears

A..Former Angel turned Mortal Artist(and Bartender) Caught Between Heaven & Hell

and last but not least

A Librarian Scion of Odin's Ravens who has The Heart of a Hero....in a Sidekick's Body and Has a Destiny and Doesn't Know Why

So far they've faced some Hexenwolves, gone head to head with the Vampire Courts(Including a run in with the White Court's Lord who is also a Police Commissioner) and run afoul of a Dead Wizard's Secret Research.

I'll also be exploring the Spring Court of Faerie which has plenty of Nightmare Fuel.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...