Author Topic: Questions not for the feint of heart  (Read 6661 times)

Offline Thaumologist

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Questions not for the feint of heart
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 07:00:31 PM »
lightsaber.

Or failing that, something hot and sharp. You need to ensure the "patient" is heavily sedated, as too much stimulation of any nerve is going to cause shock.

If you have a while, just go inch by inch. That way the blood loss at one point should be controllable, and the nerves would become desensitised, so sloppy work could be more forgiven.

But still, cauterise EVERYTHING

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
  • Kittens taste great and stay crunchy in milk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »
Thinking about this a bit more....

I remember that liposuction is limited to a maximum of 10% body mass at a session. Anything more threatens shock and can cause death. The legs probably would have to be done piece by piece.

On the more grotesque end of things:
(click to show/hide)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Clarke
"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology." - Niven
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Neurovore
"Sufficiently advanced technology my ass" - Dresden

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
Aak3
You are most disturbing.

Offline Sihaya

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »
Aak, have you tried some more antique treatises on surgery?  I think you're starting to get into a grotesque version of something that an anatomist might have done in days of yore, like putting a window into an animal's stomach or periodically surveying an internal wound heal through an incision.  For all I know, somebody really tried to see what happened to a (possibly four legged) body when a femoral artery or vein was isolated.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »
Aak, have you tried some more antique treatises on surgery?  I think you're starting to get into a grotesque version of something that an anatomist might have done in days of yore, like putting a window into an animal's stomach or periodically surveying an internal wound heal through an incision.  For all I know, somebody really tried to see what happened to a (possibly four legged) body when a femoral artery or vein was isolated.
antique???  We have several cows that are out on pasture perfectly content to eat away their lives with the window, hand scoop for samples of the various stomachs.  Quite modern and up to date!  he he

And aak3, I agree.  I'm never going to search through your garbage with the FBI!  Yuck!  The melon baller also leaves the eyeball in tact... so much more fun to taunt the other eye that is still working.  Now I'm getting myself grossed out.  I'm sure I stole that idea from Ludlum or someone!  Maybe it was a Mission Impossible so they could use it for retina scan?  It's not original.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:59:09 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 12:11:48 AM »
I believe it was a Saw movie. The one where they took the eye out when they were unconscious, stuck a key behind the eyeball and stuck the eye back in. When they woke up they had some bear trap contraption around their neck with a lock, a timer, instructions and a melon baller.

NOTE: Don't worry all. I just have a vivid imagination. No furbies were harmed in the making of these ideas. No kittens were killed either.

(click to show/hide)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Neurovore

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 02:49:33 PM »
there is a movie that goes into great detail on how i guy dismembers they guy that killed his family its rather brilliant. the movie is called A Law Abiding Citizen staring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler. its a very interesting movie.

First he entraps the guy by paralyzing him with puffer fish venom that holds him still while keeping able to feel.

Ties him to a table and puts tourniquets on his limbs so he won't bleed to death.

Pumps him with a huge amount of drugs like adrenaline to keep him awake and alert and so his body doesn't go into shock.

Then he slowly and calmly explains to the guy what he is going to do to him and with which tools.

Gerard Butler can be down right scary when he wants to be.
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

Offline Biffy Pyro

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 11:53:49 PM »
Gross stuff under the black.

(click to show/hide)

Yes, to do all this some medical knowledge would be required.

epidural or spinal block yeah, and you would need a LOT of arterial clamps, and probably the most gruesome way to do it would be to cauterise the wound to stop them throwing fatty embolisms

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 08:01:49 AM »
Along with heavy sedation, you could try lowering the person's body temp.  Slows the bleeding, slows the heart and tends to keep them sleepy and docile.

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 07:33:21 PM »
Along with heavy sedation, you could try lowering the person's body temp.  Slows the bleeding, slows the heart and tends to keep them sleepy and docile.

why would you sedate them then they wouldn't be in as much pain. kind of defeats the reason of dismebering them while they are still alive.
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 07:08:51 AM »
As someone pointed out earlier if you don't sedate them they will go into shock and die fairly quickly.  So if keeping them alive is the game then sedatives are called for.  Besides, if the person knew that such damage had been done to them - the threat of the sedatives wearing off would be a really nasty form of torture.  (Brrrr, I just creeped myself out by thinking of that!  Gack!)

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »
epidural or spinal block yeah, and you would need a LOT of arterial clamps, and probably the most gruesome way to do it would be to cauterise the wound to stop them throwing fatty embolisms

alright so...

(click to show/hide)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »
This thread is possibly one post away from being evidence in a court of law.

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
...or a really good thriller....maybe both...

Offline Biffy Pyro

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
alright so...

(click to show/hide)

sounds positively delectable! *makes hannibal noise*