Author Topic: DISPROVE THIS  (Read 107917 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: DISPROVE THIS
« Reply #390 on: July 05, 2010, 12:34:02 AM »
No, it really isn't.  It's reasoning on the level of "if a little kid is good at basketball and tall, then he's probably going to be Michael Jordan once he travels back in time".  Or, to stick with the books, it is like assuming Harry is the original Merlin since they are both wizards, kicked ass, believe in the Laws of Magic, and have had custody of a sword.  Overall it is rather silly and is using a coincidence with a similarities or two to make a case for identity...but that just doesn't really hold up and there's counter evidence (such as the fact Molly has no skill with cold magic).  You could just as easily say that Elaine is Mab (and Elaine has the advantage of not being covered in piercings).

Relax and go with it. Remember, we're all people talking about our imaginary friends. Getting hung up on the mechanical details sort of gets put into perspective in that light. ;)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 05, 2010, 12:59:54 AM »
Relax and go with it. Remember, we're all people talking about our imaginary friends. Getting hung up on the mechanical details sort of gets put into perspective in that light. ;)

I just meant to make one small comment, honest.  It's kinda snowballed into more than a I meant.  *discretely exiting the thread*

Offline Dale B

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 05, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »
A far more likely scenario is Mab getting herself fried by an Outsider, Maeve ascending to become the new Mab, and Molly being offered the slot as the new Maeve.....which if the Council is gunning to mount her noggin on their mantlepiece still, she might just accept. Particularly if Dresden hasn't gotten out of being the Winter Knight.

Offline OldRednek

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 05, 2010, 01:35:27 PM »
yeah, and people tend to forget how her momma got married to her poppa.  We have seen in the book she is very stubborn.  I have seen a girl set her cap for a guy it was sorta scary took her 3 years but got her man.  I think that is likely she will find a way to bring him back.  I am pretty sure that at some point Dresden will get together with Molly.  I could see Molly going with Grandpappy McCoy or Injun Joe to finnish her apprenticship.

Old Rednek

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 05, 2010, 02:03:10 PM »
I just meant to make one small comment, honest.  It's kinda snowballed into more than a I meant.  *discretely exiting the thread*

im fine, no exiting required.

to address your point tho, it's a semi tounge in cheek explanation for how mab knows all that she does, and how she acomplishes what she does, and why winter is so obsessed with molly.

Elaine doesnt fit that criteria; for example, elaine does not know about Little chicago, so coul;d not have been the person who walked past bob to mess with it twice.

now their have been srguments for other suspects, such as uriel or ivy, but I find large holes in allmost all of them.

(ivy would have no reason to be sneaky, etc...)
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline OldRednek

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 06, 2010, 04:04:25 AM »
I think that winter messes with molly to get Harry off balance.  He does not want her part of that court in any may.  The court has shown in the books that they think so little of love and it is easy to manipulate mortals because of this.  A flustered Harry is an impetuous harry and makes grand wonderful mistakes that give us his adventures.  The way I see it is Harry is just an ordanry guy with super powers trying to protect he and his.  Mab is a Manipulative dog of the female persausion.  Going back in time should take lots of power on the same level as the curse the red court had backfired on them.  I cannot see Molly EVER doing that.  I can .. see Mab messing with Molly on general principles because she is.

1. Harry's apprentice
2. the daughter of one of the sword bearers (so she can stick it too God and his Angles).

Harry all in all has been on Gods side.  Molly has been a screwed up kid.  Harry will need more emotional reigns put on him if the Winter court is to control him.  Molly is one, His daughter is another.

Molly cannot be fey.  She was the daughter of a sword bearer.  The very Idea is right up there with my idea that Harry was killed by his freinds who think that that might get him out of being the Winter Knight.

I would like to see Mab try to get her if she ends up being apprenticed to Injun Joe or Grandpappy McCoy.

Just my two cents.

Old Rednek

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 06, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »
two cents accepted :)

and your change is...

whatever (probvably mortal) wizard was the firsts idhe by definition was not fey; much as the erlking, 'her' much much younger peer was not originally a goblin.

at the time winter first noticed molly, she was not Harry's apprentice, in fact if they had not noticed her it is likely she might not have ever become harry's apprentice. If you go by Lea, Molly was still a kid when winter noticed her.

and Mab could, if given the lawfull opportunity, steamroll eb, injun joe, and the merlin, while driving a yugo, backwards, and eating a ham sammich at the same time.  ;D

as to harry's friends being the trigger, you have a plausible concept, but JB has stated that he will quite likely (ie, you think Mab hasnt heard that excuse before?) still be winter knight after GS. so if eb did do it, boy did he screw up.

we have these facts:

at some point, Harry will either time travel or cause someone to time travel.

He shall deeply regret bonding with demonreach

the isle, and its darkness, predate the last ice age.

it may have something to do with the sidhe table. The logic is unporoven, but highly plausible.

Mab knows crap that is explaiable only by divine foresight or absolute foreknoweldge.

Mab may have manipulated harry ionto taking demonreach, again, it explains a lot.

Mab may be in love with Harry

Molly is the focus of Proven Guilty...

now by all means, counter with annother scenario.  ;D
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline 2ndsly

• Participant
  • The reward for work well done, is more work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 08, 2010, 06:21:12 PM »
Oh and welcome to the forum all you knew people !

;D

Thanks
My Colors are Green and White.

You my find out what that means here http://www.shenafu.com/magic/whatcolorareyou.php

Offline 2ndsly

• Participant
  • The reward for work well done, is more work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 08, 2010, 06:32:24 PM »
First, sorry about the jump post. I just felt I needed to do it.

Second, What is this TT that keeps popping up. I get the jest, but I would like to
know precisely what it is.

Third, this thread has given me laughing fits.

Forth, I have issues with
 "Mab knows crap that is explaiable only by divine foresight or absolute foreknoweldge."      thing.

It just seems a little stretching to me.
My Colors are Green and White.

You my find out what that means here http://www.shenafu.com/magic/whatcolorareyou.php

Offline Scop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 08, 2010, 07:15:08 PM »
Na, I think it's all Evil Molly come back in time to manipulate Harry's mind.  She's shape shifted herself to look like her younger self, but she's been manipulating everything all along since the journey back from Arctus Tor.  Bwahahahah

But then a good future Molly comes back to fight her!

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 08, 2010, 07:23:34 PM »
That by the way is the molly is both summer and winter theory. I know  HArry likes bi women but sheesh dude....TT stands for touchy topics

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 08, 2010, 07:58:48 PM »
Second, What is this TT that keeps popping up. I get the jest, but I would like to
know precisely what it is.

There used to be a Touchy Topics board on this forum for dicussing, well, touchy topics; it was closed down as people felt that the heat/light ratio was going bad ways.

"Mab knows crap that is explaiable only by divine foresight or absolute foreknoweldge."      thing.
It just seems a little stretching to me.

We have textual citations for Mab being on the same sort of power level as gods and archangels, and we have, iirc, textual citations for angels having intellectus, so Mab having it or something near is not to my mind impossible.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:11 PM »
Additionally Mab spends time in parts of the NeverNever that experience Time in different ways.  Word of Jim is that Faerie minds are completely alien to humans.  Why does Mab have to be experiencing Time in a linear fashion?

She might also be using Divination Magic.  She might have the same gift as the witch in White Knight, who can see a few seconds into the future of possibilities.  But nothing says that Mab's Brain couldn't handle longer periods of possibilities.

Assuming that Mab is limited to a human's range of knowledge, perception and intelligence gathering seems to be underestimating Mab.

Offline CharlesGriffin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 09, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
We've mentioned that possibly Molly went back and possibly ended the Ice Age, but it seems to be assumed that she did so in the persona of Mab. I think it more likely that the Summer Queen would be the one to end the Ice Age. We haven't seen Titiana directly in the story so far and I think that's part of the big reveal.

Molly is Titiana!

Why is Winter so interested in Molly? They know she will become (had become) the Summer Queen through time travel and a rite of ascension. Summer is moving around mostly in the background, which is very much Molly's MO. Sure, the Queens are renown for their sneakiness and subtlety, but so far Mab is the one who has been directly involved with things. Summer is so sneaky that no one has seen the Queen yet!

Why is Summer being so subtle? Because the Summer Queen is Molly and she doesn't want to interfere with things that are going to bring about her own time traveling and ascension. Also because she thinks Harry might start to recognize things if she gets too close, and so the Summer Queen stays away from Harry.

It could also be Molly/Titiana's voice Harry hears at the end of Changes. If Summer is behind the assassination (there are a variety of reasons possible which don't involve Harry actually becoming permanently dead without hope of resurrection/restoration) it might be possible that it is Molly/Titianna really is keeping a close eye on things. It all fits!!!

*cackling madly*

Offline aikidoka

• Posty McPostington
  • I suffer from a very sexy learning disability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 09, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »
That's why Titania has never been seen onscreen.  Harry would recognize her.

Sorry Duck, wrong queen ;)
"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate." -25 star General Zapp Brannigan