Author Topic: DISPROVE THIS  (Read 107932 times)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
Re: DISPROVE THIS
« Reply #375 on: July 04, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »
Oh and welcome to the forum all you knew people !

;D
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 04, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »
No Molly was sent even further back, the whole ascension ritual involved the killing of all the dinosaurs on the earth. It was such a powerful magic that she had the create the Mothers to contain part of the power. the mothers are really just crude constructs. That's why we don't really see them doing much to influence the world. Molly, now calling herself Mab, created Titania at some point in all that time to have someone to compete with so she wouldn't kill herself from boredom. Molly is also the reason for the evolution of mankind which she encouraged in order to bring about herself and for something to do with all her time.   ;D ;)

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang so much for wild duck theory #4-- the outsiders are the ghosts and gods of the dinosaurs.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline Landing

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 04, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »
they still can be. and Molly/Mab is the one that locked them outside after the ritual.  ;D
Purveyor of the theory that the overarching plot of the Dresdenverse is that its all the dinosaur's fault.

DISCLAIMER: What Duck's says but funnier.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 04, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »
they still can be. and Molly/Mab is the one that locked them outside after the ritual.  ;D
The ones she didn't eat.  "Oh, am I stuffed.  I'll just lock the leftovers in this cabinet to snack on later."
Meanwhile she forgot to check the cabinet and her snacks spoiled and now some serious cleaning up is needed.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline kabal48

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 04, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
so this is my first post in a little while but i jus thought of this. i kind of like this idea but i think this all happens in the last book

time travel is one of those things thats too easy to mess up (though i doubt Jim ever could) so i don't see JB using it before the final throwdown. i kind of see mab somehow going down during the final battles and throwing the world into even more chaos which forces harry to go back in time to try to save her but he fudges it and takes him and molly too far. he then bites it sumhow and molly trys to bring him back (either through her own time travel or other means) but realizes she needs more juice cuz she has nowhere near what harry has at the final climax. desperate, and in love molly does big shebang and recreates herself as mab with her ultimate goal to save harry in the future. the current embodiments of summer and winter are created but pushed back and become the mothers. molly takes over winter and the summer mother picks children to become new queens..........

Ohhh and new twist i just thought of while doing writing this. aurora was harry's daughter Maggie and thats why she wanted to destroy the world. she goes back with harry and molly and after harry dies she helps molly do the big shebang but cuz molly is all tainted n whatnot she becomes winter embodiment while the weaker but less evil maggie becomes summer lady

yes i know this is craazy and made little sense

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 04, 2010, 05:32:51 PM »
Wow.  Nice channeling of the Duck.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline kabal48

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 04, 2010, 05:44:41 PM »
sorry i just got sumn even better. maggie is harry's godmother.......

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 04, 2010, 05:52:39 PM »
Shouldn't the topic be 'Re: molly "IMPOSSIBLE GENERAL SPOILERS"'?

Offline sanchez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 04, 2010, 06:28:52 PM »
well when i started the post 10 or 11 pages ago there was still a possibility that what i originally posted would have some potential spoilers from varying books in the series, but after about the second page that went out the window  ;D
He writa da book to earna da monie to buya da bread to getta da strength to writa da book... :)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 04, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
Just for the record no one has yet to poke a hole in the original idea.  :)

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »
Just for the record no one has yet to poke a hole in the original idea.  :)

Much like no one could poke a whole in the idea that Harry is the Son of God.  The critical flaw with both is a lack of any real evidence.

Offline sanchez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 04, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »
yes but this theory is more plausible when you think about it
He writa da book to earna da monie to buya da bread to getta da strength to writa da book... :)

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 04, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
yes but this theory is more plausible when you think about it

No, it really isn't.  It's reasoning on the level of "if a little kid is good at basketball and tall, then he's probably going to be Michael Jordan once he travels back in time".  Or, to stick with the books, it is like assuming Harry is the original Merlin since they are both wizards, kicked ass, believe in the Laws of Magic, and have had custody of a sword.  Overall it is rather silly and is using a coincidence with a similarities or two to make a case for identity...but that just doesn't really hold up and there's counter evidence (such as the fact Molly has no skill with cold magic).  You could just as easily say that Elaine is Mab (and Elaine has the advantage of not being covered in piercings).

Offline sanchez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 04, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »
we have no evidence that molly is not good at cold/ice magics, i believe the only mention of molly doing elemental magic is when harry was teaching her to do fire magic a couple of books back, and if you look at the various theories for molly going back in time and becoming mab/titania, there are very few aspects of them that we could say that could not possibly happen

Offline Landing

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 04, 2010, 11:19:17 PM »
No, it really isn't.  It's reasoning on the level of "if a little kid is good at basketball and tall, then he's probably going to be Michael Jordan once he travels back in time".  Or, to stick with the books, it is like assuming Harry is the original Merlin since they are both wizards, kicked ass, believe in the Laws of Magic, and have had custody of a sword.  Overall it is rather silly and is using a coincidence with a similarities or two to make a case for identity...but that just doesn't really hold up and there's counter evidence (such as the fact Molly has no skill with cold magic).  You could just as easily say that Elaine is Mab (and Elaine has the advantage of not being covered in piercings).

I think your just jealous because you didn't think of it first.  :D
Purveyor of the theory that the overarching plot of the Dresdenverse is that its all the dinosaur's fault.

DISCLAIMER: What Duck's says but funnier.