Author Topic: Item of Power rules  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
Item of Power rules
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:52:42 PM »
Ok, so when creating an Item of Power (IoP) a must is to have an aspect for that item. Does that aspect have to be worked into your phases, or is it a completely separate aspect from your 5 character phases? If it is part of your phases, which phase does it fall under? How many more times can I type the word phase in this post? Phase.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Item of Power rules
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »
I would say that you should wrap it into Phases 1 or 2 about coming into your power.

Although, using it in Phase 3 could be cool as a "rising to the challenge" type of situation.

Offline dwightfry

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
yes it needs to be one of the aspects from character creation. its not tied to any specific phase and you only need one aspect regardless of how many iop you end up with.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »
Alrighty, the other thing I can't figure out is how much my IoP will cost.

One person I showed it to said -5 and another said -3.

El Campana Real:
Description: A tall Sheppard’s Crook of a strange wood with a bell dangling from the end of the crook. Copies of this crook were placed all along the Camino Real to signify that one was close to safety.

Effects: Wall of Faith: When struck on the ground, the bell sounds, but as deep and loud as a cathedral bell, unlike its normal higher pitched ring, and cause other nearby bells to rings as well. When spending a Fate Point It emits a holy glow that drives back the evil, dealing damage like Holy Touch but at a distance and to multiple targets.
Divine Protection: El Campana Real may only be used in defense. If used to attack first the bond between bearer and Crook is broken, and may only be restored by undergoing a Trial of Faith. When sued in a leading attack, any attack made fails automatically. If another uses it to make an attack, the bearer is still responsible for the actions and the result is the same as if he had made the attack.
Holy: This weapon is a powerful holy symbol in its own right. Its very touch is like holy water or that of a cross or other symbol of faith backed by the belief of the possessor.
Unbreakable: As an Item of Power, it cannot be broken, save through dedicated magical ritual predicated upon perverting its purpose.
Spare the Rod: When used for defense it gives Armor:1 against physical stress.

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline dwightfry

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:27:31 PM »
Looks like -3 to me was he givivg you the discount?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »
Dunno.

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 12:50:23 AM »
I would go for -3 as well
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss