Author Topic: Brainstorming A Homebrew Power - Queen of a New Bloodline  (Read 1534 times)

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
Brainstorming A Homebrew Power - Queen of a New Bloodline
« on: May 17, 2010, 03:09:03 AM »
So,
(click to show/hide)
and also playing my Red Court Vampire with a Soul (shes a Playable character via another Homebrew Power), I want to setup her safety plan regarding being in the bloodline of the red court. Im thinking she's gonna have a thaumaturgical ritual take place to sever the bloodline connection she has to the Red Court now, and start a new bloodline, with her as the fountain head.

Im trying to think of a power that represents that (a fountainhead of a bloodline should be unique to all of his/her followers) this is my idea for pulling that off, its based off of the tattoos of st. giles. Questions? Comments?

Fountainhead of Blood [–2]
Description: You've somehow managed to cut the metaphysical ties that exist between master and servant. You are no longer beholden to the Red King, and are a sovereign in your own right.
Musts: When you gain this power, you must change your High Concept to reflect your new status as the fountainhead of a new bloodline of red court vampires.
Skills Affected: Discipline, Social Skills.
Effects:
Self Control. Your control over the thirst is unparalleled, you gain +1 to your Discipline when using it defensively.
Deeper Reserves. You are the most powerful vampire in your bloodline. Add two boxes to the length of your hunger stress track.
Liege Lord. You are the fountainhead of a new bloodline of red court vampires. Any social skills used against other vampire courts or bloodlines gain a +1 bonus. Increase this to +2 when dealing with members of your own bloodline.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:33:29 AM by KOFFEYKID »

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Brainstorming A Homebrew Power - Queen of a New Bloodline
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 04:04:19 AM »
Cool power. Though, I would say this is something that falls into the plot-device category of things.

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 04:09:05 AM »
True that, but it also gives me an excuse to lengthen my hunger track, which is pretty huge. I'll probably expand the power a bit, too. Im thinking by the time Im done with it, it should be about a -4 refresh cost. However I haven't figured out anything else to add to the power just yet.

Offline Walker_Blade

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 04:49:59 AM »
So as I understand
(click to show/hide)
  What it sounds like you want is in fact a new court of vampires.

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 04:55:41 AM »
So as I understand
(click to show/hide)
  What it sounds like you want is in fact a new court of vampires.

(click to show/hide)

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 01:28:23 AM »
Updated version, what do you guys think? The new part is in italics.

Fountainhead of Blood [–2]
Description: You've somehow managed to cut the metaphysical ties that exist between master and servant. You are no longer beholden to the Red King, and are a sovereign in your own right.
Musts: When you gain this power, you must change your High Concept to reflect your new status as the fountainhead of a new bloodline of red court vampires.
Skills Affected: Discipline, Social Skills.
Effects:
Self Control. Your control over the thirst is unparalleled, you gain +1 to your Discipline when using it defensively.
Deeper Reserves. You are the most powerful vampire in your bloodline. Add two boxes to the length of your hunger stress track.
Liege Lord. You are the fountainhead of a new bloodline of red court vampires. Any social skills used against other vampire courts or bloodlines gain a +1 bonus. Increase this to +2 when dealing with members of your own bloodline.
Improved Feeding [-1]. If you purchase this upgrade you gain a +2 (instead of a +1) on subsequent attacks after causing your enemy to bleed, in a grapple you do two extra stress instead of just one. You may also use the Taste of Death of effect of the Blood Drinker power twice per scene instead of only once, however you must spend a fate point to use it the second time.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 02:03:17 AM »
Looks reasonable to me.