Author Topic: Statting the Erlking  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Gandalf_the_Crazed

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Statting the Erlking
« on: May 14, 2010, 02:27:12 AM »
Looking at my copy of Our World right now, and I don't see a stat-block for him...I apologize if I missed it.

Basically, one of the characters in a campaign I'm working on is being built on the Emissary of Power template.  His patron is the Erlking, who gave him a scarlet cloak which bestows a set of powers (Inhuman Speed, Inhuman Strength, a couple others).  The catch is that the Erlking only did this so that he would have someone interesting to hunt; in other words, he was bored.  The character is only permitted to keep the cloak (and his life) as long as he can avoid being caught by the Erlking.  In addition, use of the cloak acts as a sort of homing beacon, drawing the Erlking in to its location.

"Emissary of Power" is probably a misnomer for this sort of thing, but it seemed the best term in the book.

In any case, my problem is that I am not sure how best to stat the Erlking himself.  Obviously he has the usual Fae weakness to iron and such, but beyond that, what would you guys suggest I look at?

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
Re: Statting the Erlking
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 02:43:56 AM »
Superb or Legendary in physical skills, slightly lower in other skills, perhaps Superb in magic stuff.   And at least -40 refresh.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 04:08:30 AM »
I'd base his stats on the stats of either Mab or Titania, seeing as he's described as being roughly equal in power to them.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 04:17:10 AM »
Jim has stated that the Erlking is not in the same League as Mab and Titania as far as power goes.  Both of them should be statted up as "you lose".  The Erlking should be statted up as "you lose, unless you are hella lucky".
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 04:33:01 AM »
Like harry, who gets the shit beat out of him in begging to half way through, and then just gets lucky
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline Korwin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 05:32:06 AM »
Jim has stated that the Erlking is not in the same League as Mab and Titania as far as power goes.  Both of them should be statted up as "you lose".  The Erlking should be statted up as "you lose, unless you are hella lucky".

Nitpicking:
It should be a "you lose" in an normal (like submerged) game.
But with more refresh and a group (party) it could/should be possible. Hell Harry managed to contain him. I doubt he would have managed that with Mab...