Author Topic: sugestions on a name  (Read 3650 times)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
Re: sugestions on a name
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »
locally to me Drusillas is a wildlife park

go figure!

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 06:33:17 AM »
Erica  (taken from America) 
It was my best friend growing up sister's name.  Her father was a German scientist that came over after WWII.  Still it would work with WWI time frame as well.

All the vampire type names seem...too vampy.  And how do you ever beat out Drusilla?

god whenever she showed up on Angle i just wanted to start punching people in the face, she was so annoying. i don't mind characters that are nuts but at leas be nuts and interesting, Whedon perfected the interesting crazy person with River in my opinion.
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

Offline Tyege

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 11:09:08 PM »
Personally, I think names should be loosely based on what kind of person you're creating--even if it's an ironic basis. I.E., Angeliccia for the most evil bitch-queen of all time. What part of the world was she born in? Who were her parents? What kind of life did her parents lead? What would her parent's mindset have been when they were choosing a name? Did she change her name? What caused her to be as she is today--for good or ill?

Backstory is important, to stay consistent in your writing if nothing else, even if you don't intend to TELL your reader about it.

-Tyege