Poll

Which City are you more interested in Creating?  Answers will be tallied on Tuesday.

San Francisco
Miami

Author Topic: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations  (Read 65692 times)

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
Re: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2010, 12:41:49 AM »
Mij, I must say the write-up is super exciting to read!  I can't wait for it to be finished!  

I did want to say a couple of things.  I don't know if you're planning to include characters in the section about different factions in the city, but my character is involved with both the White Council and the Paranet.  And I'll have a write up for Chinatown and San Francisco up by Friday.

Thanks Tordon!

Funny you should mention those Tordon.  Another of the folks already mentioned White Council involvement -- she wanted a White Council wizard to be caretaker for the Arboretum.  If you've got additional ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I've been planning to include a Paranet group in San Francisco -- but haven't really had time to "flesh it out" yet.  So again, I'd love to hear any ideas.  At least a name would be nice!

Mij
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:45:32 AM by Mij »
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2010, 05:26:24 AM »
Undertowners:

We've had a couple changes in the lineup in the past few days.  I'm listing the current roster below.  If I've made any mistakes, please let me know:

- Aine
- Mystic
- Bloo
- Tordon
- Enjorous
- Fyrchick
- Markkus

Character development is coming along nicely, as is city creation.  Thanks again to everyone -- we've had some really good ideas and exchanges.  I'm planning to release a new draft of San Francisco this weekend, so check in at the Undertown chat room!   I should also be in the chatroom this weekend for questions, etc.

Mij
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2010, 05:37:47 AM »
Bump!

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
Shimmy?
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2010, 03:27:38 PM »
Shake!

Offline tordon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2010, 04:47:37 AM »
Okay, first location done.  Part 2, AKA Saucalito, will be up soon.

Name: Chinatown

Description: Nestled in the northeastern section of the city, Chinatown has been around since around the time of the Gold Rush.  It was the first stop many Chinese immigrents, and continues to be a community comprised of many foreign-born residents.  It is often referred to as "a city within a city" due to its strong sense of community and services that have risen through the years.  While offering its residents a foothold in America, it also serves as a monument to Chinese heritage, preserving many of the unique cultures and customs of the people living there.  

Idea:  The Chinese Mafia attempting to expand their power base.
Aspect: Island of Tradition in a Sea of New Beginnings

Face: Li Bo Chen - 33 year old, one of the major leaders for the Triads operating in San Francisco; though young, he is the driving force behind the group's growing use of supernatural talent, trying to increase his own position while also expanding the power of the Tongs and Triads.  He's clued-in but doesn't have much magical power; he is a very minor entropomancer, mostly useful when gambling.
Concept:  Triad Leader with a Touch of Power

So I realize the aspect is really lame, and I'm very open to any suggestions.  I've just hit a mental block on it, but I didn't want that to stop me from finally posting this.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2010, 05:13:38 AM »
Okay, first location done.  Part 2, AKA Saucalito, will be up soon.

Thanks Tordon!  I'll add this to the writeup -- hopefully before I send it to Aine!

Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2010, 01:59:52 AM »
Undertowners!

The new draft of the SF writeup is available at the Undertown chat room.  Please feel free to download and give me feedback!

I think one more round will finish it up folks.  So it's time to knuckle down on your characters.  I should be in the chat room most nights this week (unless my workload gets crazy again).

Thanks again for all the input, suggestions, and general good wishes so far!

EDIT:

I should mention that the sections have been somewhat re-arranged.  I originally followed the sections as defined in the Baltimore writeup, but the more I added to the document, the more I realized I needed to make some adjustments.  So the new document has the same sections as the original, but the contents of the following three sections are as defined here:

What's What -- Groups and organizations.
Who's Who -- Individuals (Faces)
What's Where -- Locations.

Again, feedback is appreciated, solicited, and occasionally used!  So let me know what you think.

Mij
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:45:41 AM by Mij »

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »
Sorry, I've been on vacation for the past week and missed everything. If someone could PM me the undertown links and stuff I'd be much appreciative.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2010, 10:09:09 PM »

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2010, 01:40:27 AM »
step ahead of ya' luv. sent him a PM. so there.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Lurline

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2010, 08:36:02 AM »
Is there room for any more players? I see you've got a lot. I just picked up a copy of the game and the idea of a story taking place in San Fran really appeals to me.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
hmm... our DM... I mean GM can answer that. He has been working diligently on the basic write up... the link is up a few posts. Check it out to see if you are still interested.
Also check out the character thread for this game too. We are still working on the city- though it is almost done. Characters are still in progress so you haven't missed much!
PM Mij... or find us in Undertown most nights by 9p EDT. If you don't have a specific character in mind he might need someone to take on a specific character.

The way the city is shaping up we have unlimited possibilities for games...

And welcome!

Offline Lurline

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2010, 12:08:29 PM »
hmm... our DM... I mean GM can answer that. He has been working diligently on the basic write up... the link is up a few posts. Check it out to see if you are still interested.
Also check out the character thread for this game too. We are still working on the city- though it is almost done. Characters are still in progress so you haven't missed much!
PM Mij... or find us in Undertown most nights by 9p EDT. If you don't have a specific character in mind he might need someone to take on a specific character.

The way the city is shaping up we have unlimited possibilities for games...

And welcome!

I've read the city write up... I do have something in mind for the setting but I'll take a look at the characters page when I get off work.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2010, 03:03:05 AM »
Is there room for any more players? I see you've got a lot. I just picked up a copy of the game and the idea of a story taking place in San Fran really appeals to me.

Heya Lurline,

sorry to be so long replying -- I took a couple days off from the boards after posting the latest update to the SF writeup.  I'm really amazed at the interest the game has generated.  I'd like to tell everyone they could play, but unfortunately I think we're pretty much at our limit in terms of players right now.

However, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep your name.  We may have someone drop out, or we may need extra players in the future.

Again, thanks for your interest, and I hope you find a group with which to play!

Mij