Poll

Which City are you more interested in Creating?  Answers will be tallied on Tuesday.

San Francisco
Miami

Author Topic: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations  (Read 67356 times)

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
Re: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2011, 05:21:43 AM »
Undertowners!

Sorry about tonight's aborted game.  My computer contracted a trojan/malware, and I had to terminate it with extreme prejudice.  We'll have a makeup session this Thursday, same bat-time, same bat-channel!

Mij
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2011, 04:21:55 AM »
Undertowners!

Update on the computer.  I fixed the trojan/malware, then discovered that my Windows Update had been corrupted as well.  When I applied the fix from Microsoft, my computer stopped booting.  At this point, I'm looking at taking the data off the drive and re-installing Windows from the ground up.  So we may not be able to play until I've got my data back.  Sorry for the delay folks, I'll try to keep you informed.

Mij
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #272 on: August 14, 2011, 06:04:22 PM »
Undertowners!

I'd forgotten how much fun it is (not) when you have to re-install your operating system.  I spent several days working with the drive, but couldn't get it to re-boot.  I then took it out of the tower and used a USB/ATA adapter to hook it to my wife's laptop, but it wasn't recognized.  Bottom line for those who don't do this regularly -- the drive is hosed.

I went to my local Staples and bought a new, larger drive.  But that means I have to re-install everything from the ground up.  I'm currently in that process, but between OS, driver, and application installs and updates, it's going to be a while before my computer is back online.  I'm sorry for the continued delay folks.

The good news in all of this is that 1) I have a new hard drive, and it's larger, and 2) I still have the old hard drive so I can continue to try to get the data off it.  Who knows, I may even succeed! 

The best news, though, is that I actually did back up some of my folders to a USB stick back in March, and as you all know I have most of the Dresden Files RPG stuff out on the MediaFire site.  So all is not lost.

I'll let you know when I'm back online.

Mij

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2011, 02:09:51 AM »
You have the rank of:

Fey Politician

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 48.7%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:63.9%
Social Skills:78.8%
Armed Combat:42.5%
Unarmed Combat:15.4%

Interesting...
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2011, 02:42:32 AM »
You have the rank of

Arianna Ortega

Puny Mortals.

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 77.6%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:84.9%
Social Skills:84.9%
Armed Combat:57.6%
Unarmed Combat:71.8%
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline synobal

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2011, 02:49:52 AM »
You have the rank of

White Court Vampire

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 59.7%

All scores:

Supernatural Power:83.2%
Social Skills:60.7%
Armed Combat:42.5%
Unarmed Combat:30.8%

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #276 on: September 03, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »
Undertowners!

With the Labor Day weekend, and planned outages in the near future, we're going to have an off-schedule session:

SATURDAY, 3 September, starting at 5PM P / 8PM E.

We'll try to get Tory through her breaking and entering, and if we have time, we'll move on to other plot lines!

See y'all there!
Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #277 on: September 10, 2011, 04:25:41 AM »
Undertowners!

Our schedule continues to be interesting.  Let's get together tomorrow -- 10 September -- at 7pm Pacific / 10pm Eastern.  After that, it will probably be next weekend.  But I'll try to keep you posted.  I promise things will get back to normal sometime hopefully soon...

Mij

Offline synobal

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 10, 2011, 10:50:30 PM »
I shall be there!

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #279 on: October 05, 2011, 02:06:24 AM »
Just a bump in the message thread...

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2011, 10:51:51 PM »
Another bump...
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2011, 04:25:17 AM »
Bumpin'

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 10, 2011, 04:51:32 AM »
Yeah, I keep running into things in here.
Makes me cranky.

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 15, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »
Oh right. Forgot about this place. *dusts off the bumper*

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2011, 02:51:14 AM »
Undertowners!

After some drifting for which I will accept all blame, we're starting to wind up towards the climax of another adventure!  I hope y'all have enjoyed this one.  We've had a LOT of new things introduced, and I'm looking forward to exploring some of them in the future.

Mij