Author Topic: Cloak of Shadows  (Read 7281 times)

Dr.FunLove

Re: Cloak of Shadows
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2013, 10:07:22 PM »
You understand that I've been referring to an actual rule in the book this whole time right? All I'm saying is that the rule leaves room for personal intepertation around the tables because that is ultimately where the decision is going to be made.

Otherwise, for the purposes of this, the block can be waived in circumstances where the action and the Sight are cooperating. What else is there to say?

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
Well, a discussion as to what might reasonable be deemed 'cooperating' could be productive.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »
And we seemingly disagreed on that already, yes?

As I mentioned to Taran (since you both seem to be in alignment on this) I can understand wanting to apply the waiver the block in only special or non-combat circumstances. There is a general feeling that wizards/certain powers have too much utility and by waiving the block aspect of the Sight too freely some feel that would give even more utility. Also, the argument could be made for minimizing certain skill-sets by not enforcing the block.

Do you feel this is an issue that you're going to find an overall concensus on? It seems to me to be a grey-area, hence why I brought it back to the table level.