Author Topic: Rpg.net character creation challenge  (Read 1844 times)

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
Rpg.net character creation challenge
« on: May 17, 2010, 04:27:09 PM »
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=515510

Per the OP 'over there'
What you have to do is create a character for Dresden Files based on the above (picture), crunch (standard CharGen as per the book) and/or fluff (personality, background, etc.)

There's only one attempt so far.  I won't be able to look at this until I get home tonight (if then).  Anyone feel like having a go at it?
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
Re: Rpg.net character creation challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 05:16:28 PM »
My mind's a brewing about a newbie Warden (It's dark, the cloak could be Gray)

I must say, I like the artwork and am curious to where it came from.
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 02:10:14 AM »
Sure i'll try it. No promises on how good it will be. (I'm trying this for the one at the bottom of page 3.)

Margaret Vemia (just came up with a random name)
High Concept: Teetering Sorceress
Trouble: Dark Magic is Too Helpful
Other Aspects
A Different World- When she was growing up as a sorcereress no-one really bothered to teach her anything about magic or how it works or should work besides telling her not to break the laws of magic. Growing up with only basic magic powers and no basis for using them made her largely a loner early on.

A Sorcereress Knight?! - When she truly came into her talent she put it to use. Fairly skilled in spirit evocations she learned how to use them on the combat field and joined the army of Knights, a hardcore group of soldiers dedicated to defeating evil whatever the cost to themselves, when she was offered not only a job and money but a life from them.

The Power of Darkness (modified by lawbreaker)- She has accompanied the knights army on many missions and is considered one of their most useful(and cute) members. She doesn’t attempt to try to kill her enemies with her magic, most of the time. But as anyone who has been in combat knows it's not always as easy as just holding down your opponents so your teammates can take them out and thus she has been forced on a few occasions now to take life with her magic. She hates it but... it's just so helpful.

Anything for My Commander- Guest Staring: Captain Taylor- Captain Taylor is her hero. In one of the original battles after she joined she was hit by a stray arrow and went down. The opposing forces rushed her team and they fell back away from her and she was about as good as dead, but the captain came back to save her. Since that day she decided she would do anything for him.

Us Girls Got To Stick Together!- Guest Starring: Milly Lem- The only other female in the troop is Milly Lem a timid priestess there to help push back the darkness. She doesn’t deal well with fighting but is quite good at first aid often resulting in her being on the front lines. She would be dead many times over if not for Margaret. Since they’ve met they have quickly become best friends.

Stress
Physical OOO
Mental OOOO
Social OOO

Skills 35/35
Superb(+5) Conviction, Athletics
Great(+4) Weapons, Alertness
Good(+3) Discipline, Stealth
Fair(+2) Endurance, Resources, Survival
Average(+1) Lore, Investigation, Deceit, Presence, Intimidation

Stunts 10(1)
Evocation -3
Thaumaturgy -3
The Sight -1
Lawbreaker (first) -2

Specializations
Evocation: Elements (Spirit, Water, Air): Power (Spirit +1, Water, Air)
Thaumaturgy: Complexity (Wards +1)

Focus Item Slots: 2
Feathers Spirit Offensive Control +1
Beads Spirit Defensive Control +1
Enchanted Item Slots: 4
Corset(4) Block +3 3/session

Thats what i've got. It might not be that good i'm kinda sleepy lol. ;D
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline Simon Hogwood

• Conversationalist
  • Proud Dresdenarian
    • View Profile
    • Words of Wonderment
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 01:59:05 AM »
I must say, I like the artwork and am curious to where it came from.
It's a Dan Dos Santos piece*, which makes it ironically perfect for a DFRPG character (albiet less so than one made from a Chris McGrath character  ;) )

*Forth line from the top.
Blogging his way through The Dresden Files (currently on hiatus).