Author Topic: Yet Another 'My Character Idea' Topic  (Read 3751 times)

Offline arentol

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another 'My Character Idea' Topic
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 01:25:19 AM »
Human form works like this:

In Human Form you have powers X
In shifted form you have powers X + powers Y

As written in the rules this is the ONLY way Human form works, it ADDS a power that isn't there in the normal form, but does not remove any powers.

What you are doing is this:

In form A you have powers X + powers Y
In form B you have powers X + powers Z

You are swapping power Y for power Z, or alternatively adding power Z and removing power Y.

For what you are doing to be proper Human Form you would need to do this:

Form A has powers X + powers Y
Form B  has powers X + powers Y + powers Z.

Which is clearly not what you are doing, or want to do.

At least that is my take on things from as strict rules point-of-view. As a GM though I would say your method gets the job done, it just isn't "technically" what the rules of Human Form say. It doesn't really matter, as long as everyone agrees on how the powers work and what-not.

As a matter of fact I would say that this game has a major rules hole because it actually completely lacks a way to change from one "human" form to another without taking true shapeshifting then limiting that to a single form, or something similar. There should be a multi-form power or something.

Offline Falar

• Conversationalist
  • A veritable treasure trove
    • View Profile
    • Falar + Sha
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 01:58:18 AM »
To be honest, what I should have done is taken the option of Rare or Involuntary Change and made it into its own power (and made it Involuntary Change). Because the Human Form isn't the emphasis of what I'm taking from the power, it's just the only place where Involuntary Change appears as an option. Which is basically the focus of the character.

However, I suppose it could also be done with three way split as well - Charles Emerson, male, normal. Charles Emerson, male, buff. Charles Emerson, female, fast. And then Human Form would be the first and I could get +2 for both Human Form and Involuntary Change. And the middle is for lukewarm water.
Lead Creator of Terror in the Twin Cities - winner of the 2010 Borden DFRPG Award for Best Location

Offline Falar

• Conversationalist
  • A veritable treasure trove
    • View Profile
    • Falar + Sha
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »
Just testin' out an idea for how to display a header in a PbP if I ever get into one...

Charles Emerson
StressHigh ConceptTrouble
Physical: OOOO|OO   Real, Live, Fae-Formed RanmaI never back down. I gotta win.
Social: OOOOther Aspects
Mental: OOOJust Another OtakuGod-Damned Wishes
Refresh: 1Faerie Gifts come with Faerie Debts  Aspect
Fate Points: 1Aspect
Lead Creator of Terror in the Twin Cities - winner of the 2010 Borden DFRPG Award for Best Location