Author Topic: The Catch; By Any Mortal hand  (Read 1794 times)

Offline surarrin

• Participant
  • Who splattered red paint on my boat?
    • View Profile
The Catch; By Any Mortal hand
« on: May 11, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »
What would the + be for it? The idea is that any mortal can bypass the catch.

e.g wizards, white courts, infected, weres, changlings.

Whereas pure supernaturals.

e.g Red Court Vampire's, Demons, Fae, pretty much anything from the Nevernever can't bypass it.

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
Re: The Catch; By Any Mortal hand
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 02:00:42 PM »
depends...

... it doesn't protect you against just one thing [+0]. It is defiantly not something that anybody can easily come by [+0]. It is something only some people have but mortals are not exactly rare so I would say [+0].

The rest is really up to the concept of the catch. Can it be easily researched? That would merit a [+2]. If it is researchable but difficult to find [+1]. If neither [+0].

May I ask for whom this catch is designed? It interests me, because the question of discounts is kind of dependent on the opposition you are facing...

Hope I could be of service...
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline surarrin

• Participant
  • Who splattered red paint on my boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
It's for a Paladin.

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »
+3 is what I'd give it.  +4 if you'd bribed me with pizza or something.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 02:28:21 PM »
It's for a Paladin.

well in that case ...

... probably still +0 for protecting against more then one thing. +1 for rear class (because as a paladin you are unlikely to use your powers against mortals but supernatural baddies could without to much of trouble enlist some mortals). Probably +2 for easy reachability.

Seems like I concur with luminos...   
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:26:24 PM »
If it means that only Mortals ignore your toughness/recovery.

1.  Scope of Catch.  It gets maybe +1 for "protecting just against" something (in this case non-mortals).  Normally specific protection is +2, but this toughness basically says "too bad" to supernaturals.

2.  Access to Catch.  Mortality is something almost anyone can get access to.  And something a lot of people (no pun intended) carry.  So I would be inclined to say +2.

3.  Awareness of Catch.  This depends on the back story.  Since most things that probably have a record of your order's durability (and therefore its catch) probably can't directly benefit from it (although they can hire mortal soldiers) I would probably say a max of +1.

So +3 sounds about right.  +4 wouldn't seem too difficulty to argue (although it would mean that a GM can be expected to take advantage of it).
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.