Author Topic: Changeling/Fay weakness  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Madmacabre

• Participant
    • View Profile
Changeling/Fay weakness
« on: April 29, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
Hello all,

One of my player is planning to play a changeling and he asked me what are the effects of his "Fay Weaknesses". I told him I would get back to him with specifics, but even after reading both book I am not sure I have a clean answer for him.

If I understand correctly, Changeling weaknesses are similar to the Fay weaknesses, only reduced to a nuisance level. So essentiallty, they are aspect to be tagged and natural CATCH for whatever toughness powers.

Is that appropriate?

Now, what about the True Fay weaknesses? As I read the books I am not sure I understand the difference in game effect. Does Iron cause more damage to them?

How more severe are the True Fay weaknesses? And how is it represented in the rules...?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Offline neko128

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Changeling/Fay weakness
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:48:39 PM »
Per OW37, they are weak to Iron (burns on touch, acts as a poison); they may only speak the truth (they can deceive as much as they want, as long as they don't lie); and their magic is not persistent (it tends to fade outside their immediate presence); as a rule (though not as a law), they aren't used to pain, and have a low tolerance for it; and they frequently have strong cravings for human food items (think mini faeries and pizza from the books), as they aren't readily available in the Nevernever.  Also, individual fae may have additional weaknesses (winter ice being painful to members of the summer court, summer fire being dangerous to members of the winter court, a horror of damage to shoes for Cobbs, etcetera).

OW40 also mentions that Changelings start off without the standard Fae weaknesses, but tend to pick them up if/when they exercise their Fae powers.

Of course, all those are the monster entries, not the character entries...