Author Topic: divination  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
divination
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:22:34 PM »
i havent read the entire pdf because i havent seen my gm in awhile, so ill ask it here  ;D

does summoning fall under divination?, i wasnt sure because summoning and divination are two different things,
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: divination
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »
well in the pdf it says they are compeltely diffrent types of thaumaturgy. And off the top of my head i cant really see them fitting together. So I would probably rule nope, summoning doesnt fall under divination. But if you could figure out how to describe it so it does you gm might let you have it fall under there ;D
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »
 ;D thanks
and yet another question! ;D

When harry uses little chicago, is that divination?, i think it is because divination is seeing things and travking them down right? man, that has got to be a complex spell....

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
When harry uses little chicago, is that divination?, i think it is because divination is seeing things and travking them down right? man, that has got to be a complex spell....

The book doesnt say. Basicly it says it COULD be a really powerful thaumaturgical spell, maybe a really strong focus, or heck maybe a plot device. It basicly left up to each person to interpret it differently. im personally thinking its a spell/plot device. Those seem likely to me.
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »
coolio. i have a feeling that it would be plot device too, because it can kill him and usually just makes stuff complicated. and that is all for today, but wait theirs more! :)

wards are their own thing right? theirs not a defensive magic section where they put wards and the like? (sorry been awhile since i peered at the spellcasting chapter)

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »
yepo wards are there own specific type of thaumaturgy.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 08:49:45 PM »
thankies, thankies very much

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 08:54:45 PM »
no problem I suffer from too much time and take to much joy from helping to not. ;D

Offline R00kie

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Whirly Waffles
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »
Well I'd guess little Chicago was a Divination Focus restricted to a single spell

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 09:22:24 PM »
Little Chicago clearly aids Divination somehow, it's the precise method that's debatable. Personally, I just go with it being a really cool and high powered ritual component.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 10:16:18 PM »
Little Chicago clearly aids Divination somehow, it's the precise method that's debatable. Personally, I just go with it being a really cool and high powered ritual component.
agreed
no problem I suffer from too much time and take to much joy from helping to not. ;D
i suppose that makes two of us  ;D

Offline Biff Dyskolos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 01:11:48 AM »

Fred commented on a topic about combining Focus slots and how the Focus would get really large really fast if you went beyond the chart in the book. I don't think he actually said that Little Chicago was as focus but he did say that a Focus that use a lot of slots would be at least as large as Little Chicago.

Read into that what you wish...