Author Topic: Poison Immunity Question  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
Poison Immunity Question
« on: April 26, 2010, 09:03:20 AM »
I'm interested in how you guys would handle something like an immunity to poison, i.e. the addictive saliva of the Red Court. I'm not aware of anything specific in the book. There is a potion mentioned that counters the venom but I don't think that it fits very well. If we go with Physical Immunity it seems somewhat expensive for the benefit it gives, stacked catches seem to be a possibility though.

The idea is, that a PC has come in contact with the saliva so often, that he has become immune to its narcotic and addictive effects. How would you represent this on your sheet? I guess it applies to other sorts of poisons and venoms too.
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Poison Immunity Question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:23:07 AM »
Well, Physical Immunity with a stacked Catch (One thing, Easy to get around), is only -2 or -3 Refresh depending on whether everyone knows of your immunity or not. That's probably the way to go for full immunity to any one specific venom, or even poisons as a whole. I could see an additional +1 discount (for a total of -1 or -2) just because it's so specific (again, being immune to poison generally is the same price).

Alternately, you could come up with a Mortal Stunt to give a +2 bonus on rolls to resist the venom. Though, personally, I like the first option better.

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:23:07 PM »
-3 Refresh for a total imunity against a single type of venom is still to expansive for my taste. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a the Stunt you proposed but would it have to be a +2 stunt?

Perhaps it could be a passive Stunt tied to Endurance, as is "No pain, no gain" which gives you two aditional mild physicle consequences. Could that just cancle out the a poisen or would that be to much gain for a -1 Refresh?
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't do "immunity", I'd do resistance, as the stunt described.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/