Author Topic: Swords Nitpick  (Read 7675 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Swords Nitpick
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
This is why one of the character ideas i had in order to play a knight of the cross without breaking cannon was having the Spear of Longinus reforged as a roman gladius with a red blade.

The word you're looking for is, "Canon." I'm only being a pedant because...

Some lunatic could totally have used the metal from the spear of Longinus to forge a cannon with which to fight the forces of darkness. Think they're frightened of glowing holy swords? Imagine how frightened they'd be of a glowing holy cannon used to fire blessed grapeshot made of iron, silver, salt, and other such baneful substances.

Knight of the Cannon? I like that because of the pun.

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
I've always felt that champions of Buddhism/Eastern Martial Artists should have a slightly different set of powers, based around a high Discipline score, rather than a high Conviction score.  Just a feeling about the flavor of that sort of archetype, and the portrayal of that tradition in fiction.  YMMV.

Give them powers based on a feeding dependency of chi/ki, that way their discipline determines how much of their powers they can safely use.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline exploding_brain

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
What would they need to feed on to recover their chi/ki?

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »
What would they need to feed on to recover their chi/ki?

"Feeding" would be meditation or something. 
Lawful Chaotic

Offline blues.soldier

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • The Action Point-- Gaming from a military perspective
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 03:36:57 AM »
On a similarly related note... if you want to play a Knight of the Cross/Sword and keep the canon intact, it would be simple to have a blade forged with a piece of the True Cross in the handle. That, in my GMs brain, would be more than enough "oomph" to power a Sword of the Cross. In that manner, you could build a PC as a Knight of the Cross and not mess with the canon. After all, there are THIRTY Nickelheads. Makes sense that the Powers of Good would even the odds a little.
"What ever you do, do it for love. If you keep to that, your path will never wander so far from the light that you can never return.”--Uriel