Author Topic: advice on phasing out WoD in favour of the Dresden Files?  (Read 8197 times)

Offline beachhead1973

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: advice on phasing out WoD in favour of the Dresden Files?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »
Oooo, Kincaid, yeah I really like that idea  ;D

hehe that gives me some ideas.

Offline GrimGent

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 08:12:55 PM »
Read the rulebooks, point out the rules that this guy is breaking to him, and ask him nicely to create a new character more in line with the rules.

Come to think of it, while Vampire isn't exactly my strongest suit where WoD is concerned, I don't think that the current version of Celerity actually grants extra actions. Shouldn't that Discipline just increase Speed and Initiative, and impose penalties on attackers?

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 09:06:17 PM »
Shouldn't that Discipline just increase Speed and Initiative, and impose penalties on attackers?
yes. the only ways to get extra actions are from fighting style merits
Brian Blacknight

Offline beachhead1973

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 09:18:30 PM »
Come to think of it, while Vampire isn't exactly my strongest suit where WoD is concerned, I don't think that the current version of Celerity actually grants extra actions. Shouldn't that Discipline just increase Speed and Initiative, and impose penalties on attackers?

Did not know that. he explained it as moving/thinking faster, without much reguard for physics, really. "It's a vampire thing, just accept it

yes. the only ways to get extra actions are from fighting style merits
"

Therein lies some of our problems, we often find ourselves choosing what the rules say vs what the description says. berserker for instance seems to imply extra actions, but never actually grants any according to the rules and in fact, grants perks nothing like what some the of descriptions say.

Several vampire powers seem to be written this way, especially Vigiour

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 09:24:26 PM »
Therein lies some of our problems, we often find ourselves choosing what the rules say vs what the description says. berserker for instance seems to imply extra actions, but never actually grants any according to the rules and in fact, grants perks nothing like what some the of descriptions say.
Several vampire powers seem to be written this way, especially Vigor

See my above statements in regards to the nwod being a bad system. unfortunately half of your problem is that you choose to use what the fluff says over what the mechanics of the powers say. that's not a good decision. the mechanics are ostensibly play balanced. the fluff never is. Also celerity gave actions in the old system so its possible your cheater[ i don't know what else to call him] is mixing rules from entirely different systems.
Brian Blacknight

Offline beachhead1973

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 11:21:32 PM »
very likely given his background with the old system.