Author Topic: Enchanted Item: Psychic Paper (kinda)  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Logan01X

• Participant
    • View Profile
Enchanted Item: Psychic Paper (kinda)
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:09:54 AM »
I'm going to be playing a wizard who's cut his ties to the white council and has become a monster hunter, helping save people from those things that go bump in the night. I'm trying to make an enchanted item that is a fake id thats based off of  Doctor Who's psychic paper. basically to help me get into places to look over crime scenes or dead bodies at the morgue, i say some fake name then flash the enchanted item and it shows the name and looks like whatever its should, be it fbi, police, health department, ect. I was thinking to work it like the skill stunt for deceit, document forging. it says to roll your deceit when making a fake id and the person looking at it has to beat that roll with either alertness or scholarship to see if its fake. I was thinking using the enchanted items strength as the deceit roll against the alertness or scholarship roll of the person i'm trying to fool. then i would just need to make my deceit would beat them and the magic id would look real to them. what does everyone think about it, i'm open to sugestions   

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanted Item: Psychic Paper (kinda)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 03:13:35 AM »
Yeah, that sounds more or less exactly how to do that. Though, for purposes of not violating the 4th Law, I suggest you make it very clear that the item is synched up with your mind and then projects a holographic illusion.

Offline Logan01X

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 03:45:20 AM »
that is what i was thinking. i can deal with being arrested for impersonating a cop, but a warden coming after my head for it aint such a good thing

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 04:39:07 AM »
Illusory ID Card
Duration: One Scene
Effect: Allows the owner to alter the id card to look like any form of ID he requires on the spot. The strength of the Deceit effect is based on the strength of the enchanted item. Usable x/day.

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:23:33 AM »
that is what i was thinking. i can deal with being arrested for impersonating a cop, but a warden coming after my head for it aint such a good thing

I think this brings a really nice twist into the thing. As a GM at some point I would bring the wardens into the mix. They don't know how your Item works ... it seems mighty fishy though. Great conflict!

Love the psychic paper idea by the way. sooo cool. =D
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!