Author Topic: Presense  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Presense
« on: April 28, 2010, 02:19:20 PM »
Presence is like charisma and reputation right? so whats the difference really between rapport and presence, they are both charisma baiscly right? im probably wrong, but i wasnt sure
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline JustinS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Presense
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »
I see rapport as 'I'm good when I'm interacting personally with you' and presence as 'I'm good at presenting myself with no feedback, or to groups'.

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 02:37:41 PM »
Presence is a passive skill, its like when a bombshell walks into a party. All the men turn and look. Its unconscious, she doesn't do anything to get the attention, she just has it. It also an aura of command or competence. In war soldiers are going to naturally gravitate towards those who seem level headed, know what they are doing, and aren't afraid.

Rapport is your ability to draw people into conversation, getting them to talk. Some people are good conversationalist, some people arent. A nerd in highschool might have a poor rapport.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »
Presence is force of personality, raw leadership and impressiveness. It's used for things like giving speeches to large groups. Politicians tend to have high Presence. In social combat, Presence is like Endurance, representing how much of a beating you can take.

Rapport is being charming and likable, personally. It's used to persuade people to do things one on one. Salesman and seducers have high Rapport. In social combat, Rapport is like Athletics representing how easily you can avoid or laugh off the social attacks of others.

For example, I'm not very impressive looking, and tend to be kind of quiet. But people who get to know me, like me, and I can persuade people to do things for me very well indeed. I clearly have a higher Rapport than Presence.

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 02:41:10 PM »
A beautiful woman might have a high presence, but she could be rude to the non-pretty people, making her rapport poor.

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:13:20 PM »
thanks dudes, so ends another episode of my questions  ;D
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"