Author Topic: Laws of Magic and other supernaturals  (Read 3869 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Laws of Magic and other supernaturals
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 05:36:45 PM »
Mind control is basically putting the victim's consciousness into a sort of slumber so that the Wizard/Fae/etc. takes over their body and mind.

Some varieties anyway. So yeah, Winter could do those. Summer might have more trouble, but hey, they can turn people into rabbits, they don't really need mind control too.

Offline Nudge

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Laws of Magic and other supernaturals
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:24:59 PM »
If I understand correctly, the laws of magic only have jurisdiction on wizards (of any types). What about the other supernatural types. Do they have certain types of laws managing their magic?

Can Changeling, who use the sponsored seelie magic for example, mind control (charm) anyone without raising issues with the white counsel?

The _White Council_ has no jurisdiction over non-humans.

That said, the Laws of Magic are fundamental things that the White Council just tries to adhere to.  I'd say any PC is bound to the Laws of Magic.  Once they drop to 0 or negative refresh, they lose that final spark of humanity and Free Will and become a creature with a nature but not a choice.

So a changeling PC or even a full on Vampire (given enough refresh) can be a PC and be (mechanically) bound my the Laws of Magic.  The White Council won't pay much attention, but the player and PC should.

Just my view.