Author Topic: Downloadable scenarios  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Downloadable scenarios
« on: April 17, 2010, 02:38:47 AM »
Any chance some of the con scenarios could be made available online with pregens? I may have a chance to demo a game for some folks in a few weeks and it would make it easier to do since I'll be new to it myself ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 02:48:23 AM by Tush Hog »

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
Re: Downloadable scenarios
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 02:40:25 AM »
I too was curious about this, so many cool cities and it'd be awesome to see Evil Hat's take on them.
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline ClarkValentine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 02:42:35 AM »
I'm going to try to make mine available, but no promises.
- Clark Valentine

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 04:07:46 AM »
If you credit me, you can go cop some of my scenarios at the Rpg I play on...  but they aren't packets... you would need to read and glean
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Fedifensor

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 03:20:53 AM »
Any chance some of the con scenarios could be made available online with pregens? I may have a chance to demo a game for some folks in a few weeks and it would make it easier to do since I'll be new to it myself ;)
Now that Origins is over, I'll bump the question.  I really enjoyed the adventure I played (the replacement for Capital Chaos), and my wife had a lot of fun with Greek Week.

Offline austinmonster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 04:06:37 AM »
All of this would be simply awesome.  I'm a first-time GM, and whereas I think I know the rules good, and I know I have the setting, having a road-map would make this trip a lot easier.

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 06:38:02 PM »
Sometimes what you really need is a good premise, here is an old post by Evil Hat (original link: http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/2010/03/03/evil-hat-gaming-at-origins/ )
Quote from: Evil Hat Gaming at Origins
Beauties, Blood and Beasts
Owen Powers, director of last year’s low-budget supernatural hit “Unnatural Undertaking”, has some problems. His efforts since have tanked miserably, and he was banking on his latest, top-secret project.  This morning the police found him on the set, covered in blood and surrounded by carnage, with no idea what happened. It’s going to take your “special” investigation skills to finish this script! Introductory, characters provided.

Capital Chaos
Where’s the best place in Washington D.C. to meet a demon for dinner? When it comes to national security and matters Infernal, protocol is of utmost importance. An impeccably credentialed Emissary of Hell has come to you with information about a terrorist plot of supernatural proportions in your hometown, our nation’s capital. You can’t ignore what you’ve been told:  you’ve got to stop it, if you can. But everyone knows Hell doesn’t do anyone a favor with no strings attached. It really sucks to be you right now… but then again, it usually does.

The Doom of Damocles
When you’re a Wizard you live by seven unbreakable laws. Break one and it’s an instant death sentence. No appeal, no parole, no exceptions. But what happens when you’re falsely accused? Your only hope is the Doom of Damocles, a stay of execution and a chance to get your old life back. And that’s exactly the choice the White Council has given you: go on a dangerous suicide mission, or face an instant death by the swords of the Wardens. Either way your head is on the chopping block, and you’re under the Doom of Damocles.

The Dracula Killings
Something is wrong in Houston, Texas. The supernatural community has gone into hiding. A new player is in town and they are causing a big splash. Bodies are turning up and even the mundane community is on edge. The newspapers are calling it the Dracula Killings. If only they knew how close they were. Bad news is that you and your friends have just been hired to put a stop to this Black Court Scourge.

Ethereal Pillars
Fog in San Francisco is nothing new. Heck, tourists come to see the fog. There’s even a local rugby team named for it, poor devils. When the figures of both new and long-forgotten dead start appearing in the evening fog, however, even a city long-accustomed to weirdness starts to come unglued. It’s up to you to figure out what’s calling the dead from sea and shore and put a stop to it before anything worse happens — if it isn’t already too late.

First Down and Hell To Go
The last time the Cleveland Browns went to the national championship, the Cuyahoga River burned…as a warning.   A trickster creature from the Nevernever cursed the Browns and if they ever return to the championship game, more than just the river would burn…everything would!  Now, in Baltimore it is the game that decides who goes to the Superbowl and the Browns have forgotten their old curse after years of purposeful mediocracy.   This year they could go all the way…and you have been brought in to prevent it.  Just beware evil forces that would be happy to see the nation burn… and they are not just Raven fans!

A Fright at the Opera
You’d planned on a nice enjoyable evening at the local theater festival, seeing a revival of one of your favorite plays.  Little did you know that something else had plans for the theater that night and they weren’t going to be quite as enjoyable.

Greek Week
It’s Greek Week, and for most of the fraternities and sororities on campus that means raising money for charity, putting on shows, and some friendly competitions. But for the werewolves of Sigma Alpha Delta it means danger – a rash of unexplained disappearances plagues the University, and strange creatures out of myth are invading the frat pack’s territory. Can they put a stop to it, and win the Pan-Hellenic games?

Halftime Hexes
The OSU/Michigan game the weekend before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest events in Columbus.  Whether you like the Buckeyes (or Football) or not, you can’t escape it. There’s lots of emotion, and let’s face it, nothing makes magic more than emotion. You’ve got tickets to the game, and a ticket for the Dube’s tailgate, and a gentle request by the PTB to check things out a bit while the local Wardens deal with a Red Court threat in Cleveland.  In other words, it’s a cake job at the event everyone who is anyone is at. Until you get a whiff of some evil magic brewing, and set to go off at halftime!

Major Problem, Minor Talents
Supernatural trouble brewing on the streets of the Big Apple, and everyone with even an ounce of mystic talent can feel it. The war raging between the White Council and the Red Court Vampires has left both sides weakened and distracted. The Wardens are nowhere to be found; most minor talents are keeping their heads down and just trying their best to stay alive. But when the local Paranet group discovers a dangerous threat is stalking minor talents on the streets of New York. They know it’s way out of their league, but if they don’t even try to stop it, who will?

Neutral Grounds
At Neutral Grounds, you’re used to being greeted with a friendly smile, a cup of the best coffee in Baltimore, and the company of other people with your… unique talents. This morning, things have gone horribly, horribly wrong; you’ll have to use all your abilities, natural and otherwise, to get to the bottom of things. (Editor’s note: This one’s run by Clark Valentine, one of the game’s developers!)

Vacant Streets
The dregs of society have gone missing. Not much of a crisis, right? But when the son of a well loved ectomancer goes missing, eyes open and ears perk. Something is definitely up, and it’s going to take those who are In The Know to get down to the root of the matter.
Capital Chaos answered a problem I have been struggling with: how do I handle "crossroad deals?"  Demons, as portrayed so far, must be trapped or else they will just kill people around them.  But an Emissary of Hell would work.  They can channel their master but still not default to "kill, crush, destroy."

I saw the blurb for Greek Week on an Endgame event set for a few months back, but they also had another scenario that was related to a few minor talents that had disappeared, with a warden in town to aggressively investigate it.  And the suspects (other minor talents: the players) all had a finger missing.  Or something like that.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:41:46 PM by JosephKell »
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline Da_Gut

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:03:39 PM »
Well they aren't downloadable - they are just adventure ideas (for a wizard and a werewolf), but this thread  (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=517766&page=2) at rpg.net has some really snapping ideas. I've put in three that I rather like

52) Did you know that Professor Josephson down at the University of Central Florida teaches a class dedicated to how to kill monsters? Well, you do now. And it seems the werewolf is this years final exam.

53) There are certain questions that no one has answers to, because no one's ever been willing to test it before, like: can a wizard effectively hex out an atomic bomb without causing it to detonate? Well, it looks like your lucky day, because it's time to find out.

59) There's a rather popular stage magician in town. He does the usual bits, pulls rabbits out of hats, makes birds appear out of nowhere, becomes invisible, levitates things, lets people stab him, and so on. The problem? It's not a trick. He's the real deal, and he doesn't even realize other magicians fake it. Unfortunately, this means he isn't even trying to pretend its an act, and some people are starting to realize how real it is. Of course, the White Council can't have that, and the send the wizard and the werewolf to deal with him. But, he hasn't done anything wrong.

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
I am not sure they will be made available.  Exclusive content for conventions is one thing conventions want to help get attendance.

However in this case, the scenarios were made by the GMs, so even if Origins was willing to release them, getting permission (or even the notes at all) might be more complicated.  One GM has posted the possibility of posting after GenCon.
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 03:13:50 AM »
I tend to just create the main parts of my adventure and improv the rest but I can make available what I have written up, if theirs interest.
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 04:22:25 AM »
Fred posted something today about turning the Dresdacon scenarios into a web document on Twitter, I believe. My Twitter-fu is weak and I can no longer find the reference, though.

Offline BigMrE

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 06:20:40 PM »
I tend to just create the main parts of my adventure and improv the rest but I can make available what I have written up, if theirs interest.

I personally would like to see it.

Offline Jeckel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 07:53:44 PM »

Let me second that, would like to see them also.
For evil to conquer, good men need only do nothing.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
When Scientists ask questions, Engineers build answers.

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 10:29:25 PM »
Very well, you can find it at: http://www.4shared.com/document/OrbPRL4v/Perfect_Storm.html I also made sure to include ntes whenever I did something people might be confused about.
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]

Offline Jeckel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 10:43:19 PM »
That is very awesome Mindflayer94, thank-you for sharing. :D
For evil to conquer, good men need only do nothing.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
When Scientists ask questions, Engineers build answers.