Author Topic: Local practioner seeks magical Sponsor for Fun and Profit  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Local practioner seeks magical Sponsor for Fun and Profit
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 03:25:59 AM »
Well then do that. Shotguns are Weapon: 3 and easy to tailor to specific Catches, and as an Item of Power you can give it all kinds of cool existent abilities (like Inhuman Speed) as opposed to worrying about Inhuman Strength and other damage enhancers.

Offline KnightFerrous

• Participant
  • Goblin Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 03:26:19 AM »
true, i just like the idea of kicking in a door and blasting loup-garou in the face with a shotgun of power loaded with silver buckshot shouting "Bad Doggy, sit!" maybe i watch to much supernatural...

Don't forget even Fix carries a shotgun around. Just because your badge of office is a sword doesn't mean you are required to fight exclusively with it.
First ever Goblin Knight... so there

Joseph Smith
              HitWolf
Things found, Problems Solved
      No Birthday Parties

Offline Logan01X

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 04:03:08 AM »
good point. just curious but what are you doing for wyld magic? someone pointed out reflavoring hellfire, but i kinda like soulfire better fit but the meeting the holy catch wouldnt work. what about spending 1 fate point to meet requirements for 1 catch for the entire scene? a good hunter knows what really hurts his prey.

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 04:14:13 AM »
good point. just curious but what are you doing for wyld magic? someone pointed out reflavoring hellfire, but i kinda like soulfire better fit but the meeting the holy catch wouldnt work. what about spending 1 fate point to meet requirements for 1 catch for the entire scene? a good hunter knows what really hurts his prey.

The thing is you need to figure out what exactly "balefire" is and go from there. for it to function like soulfire, it would have to be a reflection of the "fires of creation" .
Brian Blacknight

Offline Mattastic

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 11:46:41 PM »
We made up an amnesiatic Hound of the Hunt in one of the playtest games.  Had a special ability that allowed him to track someone and follow them anywhere once he got their 'scent'.  He also had the ability to see the echos of the past in a place.  Looked like your typical homeless person and was always forgetting what he was doing there.  He was, hands down, one of the favorite characters in those games. 
Do you have a write up for this guy?
He sounds awesome.

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 01:55:33 AM »
Nothing current.  The playtest notes are in a box somewhere since we've moved twice since then.  I'm planning on statting him up for the con games this summer though.  When I do, I'll put him up here somewhere.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »
i have a player in my game who is playing as the knight of the elrking and i think he'll probably drool over himself when hes sees this stuff and hell probably want to change his character lol
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 10:07:56 PM »
Is it called balefire in the book? I thought balefire was an archaic word for funeral pyre...

(If it isn't, then I'll have to change the name of the 'balefire' in a story I'm writing...)

Offline MWKilduff

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 11:52:32 PM »
The Erlking is fascinating. Playing his champion, The Goblin Knight (that's what I'd call him), really intrigues me.
How about The Rogue Court, run by Oberon and Puck as the Autumn court that was beaten by the Summer and Winter Courts.  Then you could be the rogue knight.  Or, you could be whatever court's assassin.
A wink, a smile, and a whole lot more!

Offline CBIrish

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »
How about The Rogue Court, run by Oberon and Puck as the Autumn court that was beaten by the Summer and Winter Courts.  Then you could be the rogue knight.  Or, you could be whatever court's assassin.

So we have the Summer Court, Winter Court, Wyld Court and Rogue Court.  Sounds like an unlimited source of material to me.

It also plays in to the whole concept that nothing is every really destroyed, it just changes.  The Spring and Autumn Courts were broken (maybe by Summer and Winter - maybe something else) and were reborn as the Wyld and Rogue Courts. 

'Circle of life grasshopper - circle of life.'
Some people call me morally bankrupt.  I like think of myself as free-spirited . . . and morally bankrupt.

Offline Todjaeger

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Alpha Burn Playtester
    • View Profile
    • Butchered New Haven campaign site
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2010, 04:44:58 AM »
So we have the Summer Court, Winter Court, Wyld Court and Rogue Court.  Sounds like an unlimited source of material to me.

It also plays in to the whole concept that nothing is every really destroyed, it just changes.  The Spring and Autumn Courts were broken (maybe by Summer and Winter - maybe something else) and were reborn as the Wyld and Rogue Courts. 

'Circle of life grasshopper - circle of life.'

Don't forget "Santa Claus" and his 'Court' too.  One power I would give the Christmas Knight would likely Supernatural Sense (-1 or perhaps -2) to automatically know who is naughty and who is nice.

Not sure what sort of 'weapon of office' I would have, if any.  Possibly some form or lariat or similar, as could be used to spur/drive animals dragging a sleigh forward.

Another possible Item of Power to be used by the Knight serving the Erlking would be a hunting horn instead of a bow or spear.  I can definately see the Erlking utilizing a spear himself, but his Knight is in service to the Court, so could be equipped differently.
Kill the Child, Doom the World...  Or is it, Kill the Child, Save the World?

Dresden Files Purity test: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

My results: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity-result.html?55:70:18:23:6:6:17:26:11:27:11:37:14:41:20:28:3:5: