Author Topic: a proabably stupid question about focused practioner  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
a proabably stupid question about focused practioner
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:56:49 PM »
seeing as i personaly dont have the pdf, my gm does, i cannot look to see if this is covered in the text,
If a focused practioner advances to a different template, does he/she get to keep his powers with whatever it is he/she orginally practiced? and do focused practioners have spells?( i think they do but i am not sure)
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: a proabably stupid question about focused practioner
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:58:47 PM »
They have spells, items, all that jazz.

Advancing to another template usually involves keeping the powers you had but upgrading some of them (such as turning Channeling into Evocation, or Ritual into Thaumaturgy).  The upgrade path is usually pretty clear (your focus in the focused version turns into specialization bonuses in the upgraded art).
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:02:35 AM »
If a focused practioner advances to a different template, does he/she get to keep his powers with whatever it is he/she orginally practiced?
depends on the template and gm usually. Like if they became a pure mortal no they wouldnt. nor would they if they became a wizard because they would get the upgraded versions. but maybe if they became like an emissary of power they would get to keep their abilities. Its more of a what your goin into and how your gm feels about it question.

and do focused practioners have spells?( i think they do but i am not sure)
focused practitioners get a select set of powers(less versatile than most other casters). For example they might be able to cast spells quickly but where a wizard could cast fire, water, or air spells quick a focused practitioner might only be able to cast fire quickly.
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:10:46 AM »
thank you,  ;D i wondered because i intend on being a focused practioner in my other gms game, he wants do it at feet in the water, thanks :)
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"