Author Topic: Week since the PreOrder  (Read 1493 times)

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
Week since the PreOrder
« on: April 11, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
So Fred, how'd you do?

Meets/ excedes expectations?

EDIT: Never mind, I just read Deadly Fredly.  Super Cool, Dude!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:02:35 PM by blackheart »
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Week since the PreOrder
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 04:11:43 PM »
Yeah, some of the details are over on http://www.deadlyfredly.com/

Right now, just a little over 1 week, we're at 689 copies of Your Story and 659 of Our World pre-sold through the website alone. (I don't know how many through retail/distribution yet, and won't for a while.)  Monetarily speaking, the Evil Hat webstore figures are going to be the best for us (but don't let that keep you from supporting your local store!).

I'd truly love to hit around 1000 through the store, and at this current rate it seems almost inevitable, though I have to knock vigorously on wood as I say that. We are still in the early surge, and day to day rates after the alpha strike are ranging from 20 to 50 per title.  So it could be all the way to a month out or more before we hit that figure, if we even do.

That said, if you've preordered and you think you could convince other people to do as well, go for it. Word of mouth is what makes or breaks a product like this, and the more a "happy customers" vibe gets out there, the more happy customers it'll create. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »
Well, if you apply the "half-life" sales model (sales half every week/month after release) you're well on track for busting 1K in less than a month or so.

Regardless, after April 15 and tax rebates, plus when physical copies ship and/or are ready for direct order, i imagine you're in a really good place right now.

Congrats, Fred,
and well deserved.
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »
Some good news from the gen con front...all listed dfrpg games sold out in the first couple of minutes of pre registration.  This should indicate that the desire to play is definitely there.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 07:04:57 PM »
Yeah, though GenCon's event listing was a bit shorter than the one we've got put together for Origins.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/