Author Topic: Jim Butcher Q&A at Mysterious Galaxy, San Diego CA  (Read 2750 times)

Offline SavageMage

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • The Savage Mage
Jim Butcher Q&A at Mysterious Galaxy, San Diego CA
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:06:38 PM »
I had the privilege of attending Jim's Q&A/signing event here in San Diego. It was a great time. A lot of questions about the Dresden Files, The Codex Alera, and even about the RPG. There was a significant interest in the game. I brought my full-color bound copy of the Pre-release, so I ended up showing A LOT of people the game. There was significant interest in the game. Even an elderly couple asked me about it. I think among the non-gamer types, they were still excited with Our World. Which is promising.

During the signing, I showed Jim the large blank space in OW and asked, "So... How's this coming?"

He kinda slumped into his chair with his head down and said, "I'm working on it, I swear!!!" He laughed about it though, he was happy to see the game in the wild.

I also got a great little gem, a "First RPG Sig!" on the cover of YS as well as his autograph. I was doing the Snoopy dance last night :D

edit: Thanks for the help!!!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:29:52 PM by TheSavageMage »

Offline LCDarkwood

• Warden
  • Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Jim Butcher Q&A at Mysterious Galaxy, San Diego CA
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »
He kinda slumped into his chair with his head down and said, "I'm working on it, I swear!!!" He laughed about it though, he was happy to see the game in the wild.

Poor guy. I can sympathize. :)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
I had the privilege of attending Jim's Q&A/signing event here in San Diego. It was a great time. A lot of questions about the Dresden Files, The Codex Alera, and even about the RPG. There was a significant interest in the game. I brought my full-color bound copy of the Pre-release, so I ended up showing A LOT of people the game. There was significant interest in the game. Even an elderly couple asked me about it. I think among the non-gamer types, they were still excited with Our World. Which is promising.

During the signing, I showed Jim the large blank space in OW and asked, "So... How's this coming?"

I also got a great little gem, a "First RPG Sig!" on the cover of YS as well as his autograph. I was doing the Snoopy dance last night :D

I tried to upload a picture of it, but my forum-fu is lacking...

Save the pic to photobucket or something like that then post the link with as bookends. or highlight the link and hit the little button with a picture frame on it....
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:16:15 PM »
I tried to upload a picture of it, but my forum-fu is lacking...

Gotta use a web-based photo-sharing site (like photobucket, as Fyr suggests - there are many others as well), copy the "direct link" URL and, in the Reply/Post page, click on the little picture button underneath the B-for-Bold button above the text box, then paste the URL between the [ img ][ /img ] HTML tags that that inserts in your text box.

Here's an example (I've inserted extra spaces to show you how it'll look in your text box):

[img ]http://ffmedia.ign.com/starwars/image/article/609/609854/star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-20050503052403648.jpg[ /img]
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »

Yeah, what ^^^ he said.  8)
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »
Yeah, what ^^^ he said.  8)

:P I used to teach; I have a nasty habit of explaining EVERY detail. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 01:51:05 AM »
Aw, poor Jim.

AWESOME photo tho!
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 04:32:49 AM »
I'm with Iago on this one - frakkin' fantastic pic!

Offline SavageMage

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • The Savage Mage
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 04:51:22 AM »
Thanks guys. Of course, now I'm going to have be extra careful when I bring it to the gaming table. Maybe I'll frame this one, and print out another. My office is going to start wondering where all their color toner is going!  ;D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 12:09:05 PM »
Thanks guys. Of course, now I'm going to have be extra careful when I bring it to the gaming table. Maybe I'll frame this one, and print out another. My office is going to start wondering where all their color toner is going!  ;D

Heh. Another great use for the free PDF. :)

Fred, I know it's been said many times, but it bears repeating: AWESOME move on the PDF.

Offline Hoar Grimnir

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 01:08:48 PM »
Heh. Another great use for the free PDF. :)

Fred, I know it's been said many times, but it bears repeating: AWESOME move on the PDF.
Here, here my good man Dwarf. Truer words.
I think, therefore, I am...confused