Author Topic: Need help designing an enchanted weapon, please  (Read 1018 times)

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Need help designing an enchanted weapon, please
« on: July 15, 2011, 05:53:31 AM »
I am going to be playing a wizard in an up coming game, submerged 10 refresh, who Cast Earth, Air, and Water magic.  He was originally from the Bayou of Louisiana.  His Thaumaturgy bonus is in crafting frequncy (+1).  I want an item that is an gator skin item, that kind of relates to a gators abilities some how. 

Some of their abilities are: they can stay under water - not breathing underwater - for up to 2 hours, they have a land speed of up to 30 mph in short bursts and can run a man down, they also have the strongest jaws of any animal ( I believe), and they have tough hides - so maybe armor.

Yes, I have just discovered the History Channel series 'Swamp People' on Netflix and it inspired me for a new character.

Any ideas an help would be appreciated.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Need help designing an enchanted weapon, please
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:08:10 AM »
Fun facts about reptiles...

The 'gator's jaw strength applies mostly to shutting, not so much opening back up.
Don't forget swimming speed, patience, hibernation, and the famous death roll! ( the last two are mostly jokes)
Night vision isn't somethign they're famous for, but...
Nictating membranes help protect the eye.

Reptiles as a whole are difficult to tranquilize or use drugs on, I assume this is due in part to being cold blooded.
Many reptiles seem to be resistant to electricity also, I assume this is due to being cold blooded also.
Caveat to the resistances: generally once a drug or electric shock takes hold...it is lethal.
It is difficult to transmit disease to and from reptiles to warm blooded creatures. 
Aside from a food allergy it is difficult to be allergic to reptiles.

Don't forget all the boons and banes of being cold blooded....

How to turn any of that into a power set?  That could be rough, I hope some of it inspires ideas.
I know alligators and crocodiles are not the same, but there is a myth about crocodile tears that escapes me...could relate to that.

Sebek: egyptian god of the nile (among other things) was associated with crocodiles...depicted with a crocodile head...

I dunno, just brainstorming, trying to help.

Offline Masurao

• Conversationalist
  • Liberate tetemet ex inferis!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help designing an enchanted weapon, please
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:28:35 AM »
Well, if they were gator skin boots, you'd simply look like a predator of a different kind, I'd guess, so you might not want to go that way :p

Other than that, I'd say something with protection, or holding your breath. Perhaps +1 control/power to defensive magics as a focus. Or if you are a more physical oriented character something that improves your grapples.