Author Topic: Item of power question  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Cajun Guy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Item of power question
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:19:29 PM »
I created an item of power for my character with hints that it might have it's own intelligence. How would I pay to have it become aware and able to communicate within the rules? It was something I was thinking about developing over time if the game goes long enough. Sort of like a familiar. How would you pay for this? I've been going through the PDF's but just don't see it.

All help appreciated. Thanks,

Cajun Guy

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
Re: Item of power question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:22:12 PM »
Instead of investing any refresh increase into the character, dump the points into the item.  This would allow a slow progression of the items sentience while still keeping up with the power level of the game.  The downside is that if something happens to the item, you've lost your investment.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:52:02 PM »
I created an item of power for my character with hints that it might have it's own intelligence. How would I pay to have it become aware and able to communicate within the rules? It was something I was thinking about developing over time if the game goes long enough. Sort of like a familiar. How would you pay for this? I've been going through the PDF's but just don't see it.
Look in the GM advice chapters, for the text "Personified Powers" YS323. (What I'm getting at here is that it doesn't necessarily have to occur in the rules -- it could just occur in the story.)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Cajun Guy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:44:04 PM »
cool! thanks for the help.

CG