Author Topic: Earth Stomp and Inhuman Strength  (Read 1199 times)

Offline jlac

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Earth Stomp and Inhuman Strength
« on: April 14, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
I was looking at the sample evocation spell  Earth Stomp (YS 293).  The spell is opposed by the target's Might.  Now, lets assume the target is a Zombie (OW 93).  It has Mediocre (+0) Might (I assume, since the skill is not specifically listed), but also has the Inhuman Strength [-2] Supernatural Power (YS 193).  For purposes of defending against Earth Stomp, what would the Zombie's adjusted Might be?  Does it get the +3 to Might as per Improved Lifting, +1 Might as per Bruising Strength, or does Inhuman Strength [-2] really not apply in this situation?  Or, maybe use the Supernatural Power's refresh penalty as a positive increase (+2 in this case)?

Also, isn't it suspicious that all my page references above end in 93, even across the different books?  :-\
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:02:02 PM by jlac »

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Earth Stomp and Inhuman Strength
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »
I'd go with Bruising Strength, in that lifting is a noncombat activity, while using might to bruise is a combat activity; the context of Earth Stomp is combat, so.

(Basically the idea behind the different bonus levels for Might is big bonuses in not-fighting stuff, smaller bonuses in fighting stuff. So, that's how that logic would carry through for me.)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Stomp and Inhuman Strength
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:05:50 PM »
i would say its really a gm's choice but personally i would probably go mid way and give a plus 2 to might for defending against earth stomp with inhuman strength. Also it is kinda odd about the 93 thing lol ;D
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss