Author Topic: Blocking help  (Read 2075 times)

Offline bestial warlust

• Participant
    • View Profile
Blocking help
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:54:27 PM »
Ok so I understand the mechanics of the block. But help me understand and visualize it in game play. What are some examples of blocking in combat.

Diving for cover?
Cover fire?

What else?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Blocking help
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:48:06 PM »
Standing near a doorway: "None shall pass!"

Distracting someone from noticing that your friend is lifting their wallet.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline bestial warlust

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 05:36:25 PM »
Ok cool so nearly any action...I'm assuming baring a dodge. And they can stack if players cooperate. So player one throws down a bag of marbles causing the opponent to slip while recovering player 2 throws a rabid wolverine in his face for a follow up distraction.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 06:10:32 PM »
Ok cool so nearly any action...I'm assuming baring a dodge. And they can stack if players cooperate. So player one throws down a bag of marbles causing the opponent to slip while recovering player 2 throws a rabid wolverine in his face for a follow up distraction.

Well, stack, in that they'll produce multiple rolls and you get to take the best out of all of them, yes. Stack in the sense of add together, no.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline bestial warlust

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »
Well, stack, in that they'll produce multiple rolls and you get to take the best out of all of them, yes. Stack in the sense of add together, no.

Got it. I was thinking more of a round per round thing. So player can block in round one next round pops up and that player and another player can run a block. Assuming they are successful they could keep an opponent locked down several rounds if need be to cover an escape.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »
Got it. I was thinking more of a round per round thing. So player can block in round one next round pops up and that player and another player can run a block. Assuming they are successful they could keep an opponent locked down several rounds if need be to cover an escape.

Yeah, that's about the size of it. The block option for conflict arose originally because we wanted a way to handily represent someone taking action to cut off another character's options.
Fred Hicks