Author Topic: Typo thread  (Read 26185 times)

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
Re: Typo thread
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 03:18:02 AM »
Pg 148 YS
"Give a +2 to an attack’s result, applied only if the attack was successful, under particular conditions.
Example: Lethal Weapon – Requires the Martial Arts stunt. Your hands are lethal   h weapons. When using Fists to strike an unarmored opponent, you are considered to have Weapon:2."

Bold is my add.  Should there be a space after the colon between Weapon and 2?
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 03:25:09 AM »
Prob really minor.  Did you intend for the images on 100YS and 103YS to have the same color scheme?  It's the only place I found in that book where this happens and it stuck out a bit while flipping through the PDF.  Might not matter with a printed copy though YMMV.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 03:31:34 AM »
Actually I see one other example of the matching color scheme thing 368YS and 37YS but since those are part of a set it seems to fit better. 

Offline infusco

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 05:07:42 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Summer Court as a body ever offered assistance. Harry had to work through hoops to get Lily and Fix to help him as a personal favor as Titania had geased them both something fierce. Mab, on the other hand, pulled a double whammy of both offering the White Council free passage through her lands, and then committing both Faerie Courts out of the Red Court-White Council War by massing her forces along Summer and Winter's common border.

I love Mab :)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 05:13:42 AM »
Prob really minor.  Did you intend for the images on 100YS and 103YS to have the same color scheme?  It's the only place I found in that book where this happens and it stuck out a bit while flipping through the PDF.  Might not matter with a printed copy though YMMV.

Yes, they're the same color scheme because they're the same scene -- from Fool Moon.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 05:16:37 AM »
Okay, here's the thing as I recall it:

Mab offered the Council, but not the Red Court, use of the Ways. This was awesome in principle, since the Ways were thus a safe mode of transport, as trespassing by the Red Court would result in the Fae treating it as an attack, which would be bad. And then the Red Court attacked the Council on the Ways, and Mab not only didn't respond, she allocated her forces in such a way that Summer couldn't respond either.

The Summer Court meanwhile, has lent actual major aid in a single particularly decisive battle, and has said they'd offer more if not for Mab's force allocations.

That's what's happened as of Small Favor.

Offline infusco

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 05:56:18 AM »
Gotcha.

And I found something, although not sure if it's really an error or if these are more like non-rigid guidelines used during character creation.

In the Power Level list (page 53), 'Feet in the Water' and 'Up to your waist' have skills capped at Great. In the Skill Packages chart (page 65), it offers suggestions that include purchasing Superb skills at the 20 and 25 point power levels.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 06:01:17 AM »
In the Power Level list (page 53), 'Feet in the Water' and 'Up to your waist' have skills capped at Great. In the Skill Packages chart (page 65), it offers suggestions that include purchasing Superb skills at the 20 and 25 point power levels.

Ha! Good point. That's really there for mostly-completeness.  Some GMs might want to tweak the power levels to allow Superb skills at all tiers.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
Yes, they're the same color scheme because they're the same scene -- from Fool Moon.

Then (as someone from the late 70's early 80's would get)..........nevermind.  Got through both books last night and they're looking awesome.  This will be a very very fun con season.

Offline chadu

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Atomic Sock Monkey Press
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »
Aha - now I'm thinking it's a reference to the limited assistance Lily promised The Merlin while at Molly's trial, since she did refer to the White Council as "allies" at that point.  Guess Summer got tired of the Red Court's incursions into their territory.

Bingo. This was the intent.
Chad Underkoffler
Atomic Sock Monkey Press

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »
I hate to point out things like this, because it is so hard to fix.

OW153 Grevane is missing his Hat, his fedora...

Quote from the source: "A big man in a khaki trench coat and, I swear to God, a dark fedora strode into the room." DB pg. 44

My only suggestion would be a marginal that points it out. He even has a Hat later in another piece of art.   
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 03:16:46 PM »
Eh. Art inaccuracies are to be expected. We'll see what we can do about the marginalia. :)
Fred Hicks

Offline exploding_brain

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »
Not so much a typo as a possibly confusing rule description.

YS, page 148, second column, first paragraph, list of possible mortal stunt effects:

"Give a +2 to a specific application of a nonattack or defense trapping."

I think this is meant to say that a +2 bonus is NOT OK for attack, NOT OK for defense, but OK for other trappings.  I'm afraid I'm finding the wording a little unclear.

I think you meant something along the lines of:

"Give a +2 to a specific application of a non-attack, non-defense trapping."

Hope that's helpful.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »
It's helpful! Really, we just mean to rule out attacks there, though.
Fred Hicks

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 09:12:36 PM »
I'm looking through the characters in Our World right now, and while some choices in Skills I just personally disagree with, others are plain wrong, inasmuch as they disagree with both the books and descriptive text:

This one's debatable, but on p. 117 should Ron Carmichael maybe have more than two stress boxes in each category? The default SI cop has three, after all.

On p. 147, Sigrun Gard lacks the Drive Skill. Considering her propensity for helicopter piloting, this is an important oversight.

On p. 172, Mortimer Lindquist has Good Conviction, but only two boxes of Mental Stress. This should change.

On p. 184 Vitto Malvora, whose knife-throwing is notable, has no Weapons skill. It should probably be at Great.

On p. 213, Carlos Ramirez is stated to be "quite skilled at swordplay and gunplay", and while his Fair rating in Weapons on p. 214 is debatably enough (I'd personally give him Good, but I can see the argument either way), his utter lack of any Guns skill is unfortunate.

This one's a corner case, but on p. 230 Bianca, as a spellcaster, should likely have her Lore actually listed. It might only be Fair, but it'd be good to know.

On a slightly different note alot of Refresh numbers are somewhat off for one reason or another:

For example, on p. 153, Grevane has a listed Refresh of -19, but by my count should have only -18. On the other hand, considering the casualness with which he kills and raises the dead, perhaps his Lawbreaker stunts should be at the -2 level, making his total Refresh -20.

In a similar case on p. 161, the Nightmare is listed at -23 Refresh, but by my count is actually -26, but the Catch looks like it was priced wrong, as does Swift Transition.

On p. 164, Tessa is listed as explicitly -17 Refresh, by my count that should be -15. She's still implicitly far more, of course.

On p. 169, Li Xian is listed as -9 Refresh, but by my count he's only -8.

On p. 170, Lily's listed powers come to -15 Refresh, not -16 as stated. Possibly less if the Baltimore section is accurate and Cold Iron is a +3 Catch instead of the +2 she has listed.

On p. 180, Maeve is listed as -15 Refresh, with Cold Iron listed as a +2 Catch, but by my count either she's -16, or Cold Iron should really be a +3 Catch.

On p. 228, Lloyd Slate is listed with -11 Refresh, by my count, that should be -8.

On p. 232, Lord Talos has a -16 Refresh, by my count it should only be -15. Likewise, Thorned Namshiel is listed at -19 but should be -20.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:22:39 PM by Deadmanwalking »