Author Topic: recovering RPG addict  (Read 1450 times)

Offline davetheyogi

• Conversationalist
  • Must. Get. Life.
    • View Profile
recovering RPG addict
« on: April 04, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »
I'm just wondering if anyone is in the same boat I'm in...
I used to love playing RPG's, when I was 15. Don't get me wrong, I didn't out grow them, just the people I played with. I think making a Dresden files RPG is a great gift to the fan boys and girls out there, I'm just not sure it's worth picking up for curiosity sake.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, verily, he was totally pissed off

Offline ludomaniac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: recovering RPG addict
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »
If you don't play RPGs and are unlikely to ever do so, I'd still recommend buying Volume 2.  It includes a comprehensive guide to the first ten novels.  Unless ROC puts out an official "Dresden Files Companion", it's the best source you will find.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

Offline davetheyogi

• Conversationalist
  • Must. Get. Life.
    • View Profile
Re: recovering RPG addict
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:17:44 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I think I will pick it up. Hope I can find a store in London that carries it.
Great C. S. Lewis quote.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, verily, he was totally pissed off