Author Topic: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3  (Read 137669 times)

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2010, 05:20:01 AM »
286 ??? what are you  tlking about on it.
know its personal and against forum rules but humor me.

Drizzt, if you go to the "You know you're too into Dresden Files when..." thread, the explanation is all written out there under spoiler tags.

In fact, here: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,14787.790.html

PS - I'm not sure how it's against forum rules...??
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Nimue

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2010, 08:56:28 PM »
Are the Mendozas mentioned in 'Changes' related to Bony Tony Mendoza from 'Dead Beat'?

Offline Zelnik

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2010, 11:09:26 PM »
Here is a question

is Changes the last book in the dresden files series?

Offline seekmore

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2010, 11:36:41 PM »
Here is a question

is Changes the last book in the dresden files series?

No, Changes is about the halfway point of the series. That makes around twelves more books.

The next book is Ghost Story and is supposed to come out next April.

There is a collection of short stories, called Side Jobs, slated to come out this fall. It also includes a novella called Aftermath, which is Murphy's POV and set 45 minutes after the end of Changes.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant  Robert McCloskey

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel  Maya Angelou

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2010, 04:41:33 AM »
Guys the last time he answered on of these was in 07

But just in case.

1. What does dresden order at Burger King?
2.Why do you hate us?
3. How many times has Harry died according to you as of changes?
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Poneglyph

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2010, 06:19:16 AM »
2.Why do you hate us?

I don't think he hate us. He just enjoy our suffering. Actually, causing small agonies to others is a way of love too.

Or I like to think of it like that.
‎"I did my best, but... I couldn't decide on a pose so I couldn't open my box weapon"
"Pose?"
"Don't all heroes who transform and magicians who cast spells have those? I'm the type of person for whom doing that is necessary".
"...I'm going to kill you. Or you can commit suicide here".

Offline Bassfraser

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
2.Why do you hate us?

Jim is kind of like the Skavis, he feeds off of our wails of anguish when we read things like the last book of changes.  He doesn't hate us, he needs us.  And our wails.

Offline mastetwindu46q

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
If there was a fight between all people with M names, who would survive and would Mister be among them?

Offline Mooman

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2010, 07:34:48 PM »
Here's a question: Why aren't vampire predator spirits left at the door when they cross a threshold? I mean, if the human part of Thomas can die with the demon part staying alive, why not the other way around?

Offline Striker83

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2010, 02:10:36 AM »
Will the original summer mother appear in the future books?

Offline Silvanya

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2010, 06:04:49 AM »
Screams~

Oh my gods! Jim you horrible genious of a man! I kind of hate you while I, at the same time, worship the ground you walk on and light a candle in reverence to your Awesome.

Oh my dear goddess. Thank the gods for these boards or I would have gone crazy! I just finished the book, no one is around to talk to about it and oh my gods...

I think my head was about to explode from teh amount of crazy I was trying to hold in- as well as all the screaming. I am pretty sure, there at the end, i heard the howls of a million nerds as my soul had a sezuire.

Thank gods i read through this thread before I started posting- because I was literally about to FREAK OUT! It's just a halfway point, I think most of my crazy was banished with this knowlege- as well as after a frantic internet search that nearly lit my computer on fire that assured me a new book was coming.... In A YEAR!

Argh! I think I need to go molest someone to get all this excess energy out.

Takes a shaky breath~ I am a little better now.

So question- WHY ARE YOU SUCH A TEASE, JIM?

That is all.

Offline ranlynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »
Hey Jim, saw you at the 'Changes' signing in SoCal & forgot to ask you about this.

Way back in 'Death Masks (??) Shiro mentioned a 'Jade Court' of vampires. Will we ever get to 'see' them? All we got was that one little reference & I've been wondering about them ever since.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »
Way back in 'Death Masks (??) Shiro mentioned a 'Jade Court' of vampires. Will we ever get to 'see' them? All we got was that one little reference & I've been wondering about them ever since.

I think we have a comment from Jim elsewhere on the site to the effect that we won't see them before the big final trilogy. (Which is not a promise that we will see them then.)
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Maro_Shioa

• Participant
  • A person. Yup. Thats me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2010, 08:59:13 PM »
This is just out of curiosity, but can you tell whether or not butters will find some powers? Because i kinda like that he is becoming more major character, bt has to survive on just wits, not police powers, or sword, or magic, or any such thing.
DV: Maro_Shioa V 1.2 YR4 FR1 BK+++ RP++ JB+++ TH+++(-) !WG(+++) CL(-)  SW+( ) BC+(-) MC+++++(!) SH n/a

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2010, 09:07:13 PM »
I think we have a comment from Jim elsewhere on the site to the effect that we won't see them before the big final trilogy. (Which is not a promise that we will see them then.)

Though the "Jim is Lazy" postulate suggests that there is a reasonable chance they will make it in.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html