Author Topic: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3  (Read 137749 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Specifically for Jim, Part 3
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »
I read somewhere (not sure if it was in a transcripted interview or on the forums) that the ends of the black staff have the ability to take life and give it back. If this is the case has Eb ever used the staff to its full potential?

This was speculation by a boardmember, not confirmed or even addressed by Jim. For the moment, what you see is what you get.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline za_lord

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2010, 03:33:54 PM »
I was kinda worried bout that. So to rephrase the question in a way that leaves out speculation. As the Blackstaff we know Eb can break the laws of magic, has he ever brought someone back from the dead?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 07:01:09 PM by za_lord »

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2010, 11:02:51 PM »
When do we get a short story from Mouse's point of view?

Or even better... The MISTER story  ;D
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
Jim has said that doing a story from  Mouse point of view would reveal too much.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »
136.  Comment by ANSWERS FROM - JIM BUTCHER — April 14, 2010 @ 1:09 pm
(click to show/hide)

The above says that the Grey Council is 13 persons but why did then Eb say this in Turn Coat hardback version page 405.

"So where does that leave us" <--Harry
""With pure hearts and good intentions," he answered. "Our strength  shall be the strength of ten."

Even if Harry and Eb didn't count that would only add up to 12, so what happened between Turn Coat and Changes that made the Grey Council increase it size?
Well, the question is, have they always been 13 of them or did they start out with 10 people and added 3 more?

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline WoodyWeaver

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »
The above says that the Grey Council is 13 persons but why did then Eb say this in Turn Coat hardback version page 405.

"So where does that leave us" <--Harry
""With pure hearts and good intentions," he answered. "Our strength  shall be the strength of ten."

Because Eb is fond of Tennyson.  (Heck, perhaps he met him.)  Its a line describing Sir Galahad's strength, not a numerical descriptive.

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2010, 04:18:56 PM »
Ah thankyou.

Offline nthnclls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 27, 2010, 02:24:07 AM »
I was kinda worried bout that. So to rephrase the question in a way that leaves out speculation. As the Blackstaff we know Eb can break the laws of magic, has he ever brought someone back from the dead?

My guess would be that if he had that ability, he'd bring
(click to show/hide)
back to life.
Corpsetaker was a psychotic, body-stealing, mind-penetrating, ghoul-enlisting, power-craving asshole, but he had a certain charm about him.
You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather.

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 27, 2010, 02:56:35 AM »
(click to show/hide)
back to life.

You'd think so, but there is so little known about 1) what offenses Maggie1 actually committed and 2) what their relationship was like. But guessings fun.  8)
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 27, 2010, 02:59:40 AM »
You'd think so, but there is so little known about 1) what offenses Maggie1 actually committed and 2) what their relationship was like. But guessings fun.  8)
Plus Eb seems very practical, who knows what bringing someone back from the dead like that does? It could have adverse on the individual and perhaps even on the veil that seperates life and death.  We've seen what happens when people poke that particular border.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:42 AM »
Exactamundo.  ;D
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline za_lord

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 27, 2010, 05:56:52 AM »
(click to show/hide)
back to life.

There was a reason i asked the question the way i did, and that was to avoid the sing songy, im not gonna tell you, from Jim. But yeah, that is exactly the reason i did ask.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2010, 11:16:54 AM »
Because Eb is fond of Tennyson.  (Heck, perhaps he met him.)  Its a line describing Sir Galahad's strength, not a numerical descriptive.

I thought it more a nod to "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline WoodyWeaver

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »
I thought it more a nod to "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". :D

<pendant>
Then it would be "Our strength will be the strength of ten, plus two!"
</pendant>
That would have really confused Magnus...

Offline nthnclls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 28, 2010, 02:50:36 AM »
Plus Eb seems very practical, who knows what bringing someone back from the dead like that does? It could have adverse on the individual and perhaps even on the veil that seperates life and death.  We've seen what happens when people poke that particular border.

Eb does, but given Harry's family issues, who know how Eb changes when family's around...
Corpsetaker was a psychotic, body-stealing, mind-penetrating, ghoul-enlisting, power-craving asshole, but he had a certain charm about him.
You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather.